Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my FTP Alpha 3 8 moa yesterday all the way from BC, Canada. Canada post actually did a decent job, it only took a little over a week to get to Vermont.

The Walther C-More adapter isn't quite tall enough. The slide, in the front of the adapter is about 1/32-1/16 higher than the adapter, and the Alpha 3 is longer than the adapter plate by about the same amount.

I stopped today to see my friend who owns Hillbilly Rifles, and he milled the needed amount off the slide. Little cold blue and you can't tell it's not the factory. Cost me 20 bucks and a six-pack for doing it on such short notice.

I'm happy. It's a fairly big glass compared to my Viper and the FF 3's. The housing isn't like looking thru a tube like the SRO.

Going to go get it zeroed tomorrow and put it thru a local IDPA match Saturday.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gott 'er zeroed. Ran about 250 thru which brings the SF up to about 1000 malfunction free 130PF rounds, mainly thanks to the advice from this forum.

The dot is MUCH easier to locate.

I'm still happy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Gott 'er zeroed. Ran about 250 thru which brings the SF up to about 1000 malfunction free 130PF rounds, mainly thanks to the advice from this forum.

The dot is MUCH easier to locate.

I'm still happy.
Glad to here ,keep us posted in a month after you get 3 or 4000 rds thru it on how the optic is doing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts