Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's up bruddha. Pricey, but here they are.

Greetings from the original commie state of CA, lol.

Howzit Romeo,

Yeah, I checked them out last week and they stopped taking orders indefinitely because they're backlogged. I thought making sales was the whole point. I wanted to run my PDP in a USPSA match coming up in November, but it's not looking good. I don't know what it is about Walther and its failure to produce magazines. I guess they don't need the money either. Used to live in the Bay Area and I don't know which is worse California or Hawaii. Moving to Washington soon where I hope that things are a little more favorable for gun people.

Mahalo

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
I don't know what it is about Walther and its failure to produce magazines.
I believe that Mec-Gar manufactures these for Walther so that's where the backlog is going to be. Reduced capacity magazines are probably not their priority either.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does HI allow you the option of blocked mags like in CA?

I’m in the Bay Area too. Close to Travis AFB
When I was a kid we moved from Hawaii and I grew up in Fairfield. Went to Armijo. Too funny. Lot's of stuff I miss about small town living. Went to college at Cal State Hayward and moved back to Hawaii. Back then there were places all over to go and shoot in Fairfield and Vacaville. I don't know what it's like now, but I can tell you there's only one public range here on Oahu, at Koko Head.
Yeah, even a blocked magazine isn't legal here. What's ironic is I could order a higher capacity mag and get it fedexed here, but 10's the legal capacity.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe that Mec-Gar manufactures these for Walther so that's where the backlog is going to be. Reduced capacity magazines are probably not their priority either.
I didn't even think about the Mec-Gar connection. Thanks for the perspective. I still have to wonder why 10 round mags wouldn't be high on the list. I would imagine California, Hawaii, and other less free states still account for a shitload of revenue for Mec-Gar. Or not. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
625 Posts
When I was a kid we moved from Hawaii and I grew up in Fairfield. Went to Armijo. Too funny. Lot's of stuff I miss about small town living. Went to college at Cal State Hayward and moved back to Hawaii. Back then there were places all over to go and shoot in Fairfield and Vacaville. I don't know what it's like now, but I can tell you there's only one public range here on Oahu, at Koko Head.
Yeah, even a blocked magazine isn't legal here. What's ironic is I could order a higher capacity mag and get it fedexed here, but 10's the legal capacity.
Interesting, I went to Armijo from 01-05, and lived in Fremont for Tech School for a bit. I'll be moving to TX shortly since the vaccine mandates are forcing me out of work. Twin sisters is gone, as well as that BLM site in Vacaville. Your only option is Cow Mountain or up in Yuba City/Marysville. I shoot exclusively in Angels Camp, where I'm practically the only shooter out there. It's a drive but I enjoy the privacy.

Another option you can explore if you're up to it is PPQM1/P99 10 Rounders. The magazine notches are different however, so if you're handy with a dremel you can carefully make the correct slots. Apparently the Sig 226 and Beretta 92 Mags also work since they are Mec-Gar. Maybe even CZ75. If you had only mentioned this months ago I had a box of 10rd P99 mags I could have notched for you, lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought there was a religious exclusion and a philosophical objection exclusion to the vaccine mandate in California? What do I know I'm in Hawaii and we have our own problems. Twin sisters gone? I used to live a few blocks from West Texas park and there were open fields back there. All you had to do was find a high enough berm, shoot your guns, bows, and ride your dirt bikes. I haven't been back since I left in 1990, I imagine it's all been built on. You are so not going to believe this, I lived in and worked in Fremont while I was going to college in Hayward. Small, small world. I was just telling the wife I wouldn't mind living in Texas. If you're a 2A person that's the place to be. I have a friend who moved there and bought a house, pool, and 3 acres for less than he sold his 3-bedroom house on 5k square foot lot here for. It's just getting too expensive and congested in Hawaii.
Yeah, I thought about modifying some M1 mags. Install a bi-metal blade on my bandsaw. Make a jig to hold it at the appropriate angle and create the slot like on the PDP and M2 mags. I got an email from Walther saying they'd be getting them in this month. If that doesn't pan out I may just go ahead with the M1 magazine mod. I had no idea the Sig 226 and Beretta 92 mags worked too. Going to look more into that. I'm your guy in Hawaii if there's anything you miss/need. Appreciate your help.
Mahalo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts