Walther Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might have an easier time finding Canik TP9 series ten round magazines. They work just fine in a PDP.

Thank you for the help, and I heard this too. I don't have access to Canik mags to compare them to my Walther mags. They might be identical for all I know. Absolutely no disrespect intended, but I wouldn't want to risk a malfunction during competition or a self-defense scenario. The solution to this problem is moving out of this freaking 10 round state that I currently live in.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thank you for the help, and I heard this too. I don't have access to Canik mags to compare them to my Walther mags. They might be identical for all I know. Absolutely no disrespect intended, but I wouldn't want to risk a malfunction during competition or a self-defense scenario. The solution to this problem is moving out of this freaking 10 round state that I currently live in.
I have six Canik mags. They all work in my PDP.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You must be a USPSA shooter with all those mags. I want to run my PDP compact in the carry optics division. Do you have a compact model? I was reading mostly positive things about Canik mags fitting the PDP, but some people were saying it's not a good fit because of the basepad not fitting flush. IDK. Since they're so cheap I think I'll order one first just to see. Thank you again for the MagWarehouse link.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You must be a USPSA shooter with all those mags. I want to run my PDP compact in the carry optics division. Do you have a compact model? I was reading mostly positive things about Canik mags fitting the PDP, but some people were saying it's not a good fit because of the basepad not fitting flush. IDK. Since they're so cheap I think I'll order one first just to see. Thank you again for the MagWarehouse link.
I have all those mags because I bought two after I bought my PDP and then I bought two Caniks. I don't shoot competitively. I have the full sized model. I don't use an optic on it. I put on a set of Trijicon HD XR sights with the orange ring up front. It is a duty gun and I can aquire targets with it just fine. I do my optics shooting with my Sig Sauer P320 X5 Legion, my Glock 43x MOS, and my Canik METE SFX.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am cautiously optimistic that the Canik mag will work, and I don't mind saying I like the price a whole lot better. I have my eye on that Canik METE SFX. It's hard to beat especially at that price point. I'm pretty fast with my FN 509 but I really wanted to put that PDP to the test for my next match. I stumbled on three PPQ M2 10 round 9mm mags on eBay today and I scooped them up. They should fit just fine and they are steel all the way down to the baseplate, unlike the newer 10 round mags where the bottom half is plastic.

·
Registered
P99QA Gen 1 (sold), PDPc 4", PDPc 5", Q5 Match, PPS M2, P22, and a few from lesser brands as well.
345 Posts
You might want to take a pause on those Canik mags. While there are a lot of comments that they work fine, there is evidence that they are not a perfect match. Taylor Freelance has a video explaining the differences on their youtube channel. Apparently the cutout for the slide stop is in a very slightly different position which would cause the Canik mags to sit lower in the frame than the Walther mags to (in a Walther pistol). While this might be fine for typical range use, it's enough to make me avoid the Canik mags in my Walthers for defense and competition use.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. So funny you sent this, I was just at the Taylor Freelance website. If you're just plinking then maybe it might be worth risking the Canik mag, but I'll be competing and carrying these mags EDC. I did find 3 used PPQ M2 mags in perfect shape for $30 each on eBay, but I need a few more. There's a guy on eBay trying to sell them for $70 while playing the bid game at the same time. I'm not against someone making a profit but that's gouging. I don't think Mec-Gar will be making any more mags for the PPQ since it's gone extinct and the 10 round PDP mags lower half is plastic. I can't put a basepad on those. Guess I'll have to make the best of it with 2 mix-matched PDP mags and 3 PPQ mags.

·
Registered
P99QA Gen 1 (sold), PDPc 4", PDPc 5", Q5 Match, PPS M2, P22, and a few from lesser brands as well.
345 Posts
The PPQ m2 mags and the PDP mags are identical (for standard capacity mags) so if you find “ppq” labeled mags, they’ll still work perfectly fine in the PDP.

The limited capacity mags may have changed as you noted with the plastic bottom half. Probably yet another government overreach thing because people could alter the previous mags to make them normal capacity again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wasn't entirely convinced they would fit after I placed the order but they fit perfectly, and I prefer them to the PDP mags. At first, I thought the plastic lower was to save money, but you make perfect sense about disabling the ability to modify them. It's almost ridiculous because it would probably be easier for me to get my hands on a standard 15 round magazine. Sometimes I wish I bought a dedicated G34 to shoot USPSA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.