Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whew...

Guys, am I glad I didn't felt for the trap. What trap you guys ask? I almost bought a CZ 75 as an additional gun to my P99. I had the bug to buy it the whole week.

Waited til Saturday to check it out at the local gun dealer, and guess what ? I didn't buy it. Reason? It felt to big to grip and felt way too heavy (compared to my 92FS).

Somehow I think is the fact that I got used to me P99 ergonomics that made me back away from the store and go home and see me p99.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well, the CZ P01 may be the next on my list. It feels a lot different than the CZ-75 (I didn't like the ergonomics on the 75 all that much) and by all accounts, it shoots well. We'll have to see...it will be a while until my next purchase. I still haven't been able to pick up the Ruger P93 and the Steyr M9 that are waiting for me at the gun shop (not my fault -- the county's!).

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
It would have been ok if you had bought it. CZ's are actually pretty good guns. Their pistols shoot good, but their .22lr rifles, are awesome shooters.

But just think, you could use that money to go buy you another P99 now.

·
Registered
158 Posts
That is not a trap. Anyone who wants the best owns at least one CZ75 or one of the variations. They are one of the finest combat pistols ever made.

I have (or have had) one of every CZ pistol made including a DUO, CZ24, CZ27, CZ50, CZ40B, CZ40P, CZ52, CZ83, CZ75 (PreB, B, BD, various mods), CZ100, CZPCR, CZP01  and a ColtZ40.  I have had a CZ100 in .40 and a CZ97 (.45) and numerous versions of the above pistols in 9mm and .40.  I also have a number of Walthers (see my signature).  

The CZ75 may take a bit of getting used to after you have had a P99 because they are a more traditional firearm, but they are incredibly accurate, reliable and easy to shoot.  Add a custom grip (Hogue or one of the others available) and the ergonomics improve exponentially.  I also have a Sphinx that is the Swiss version of the CZ75 and it is downright awsome.

The PCR and P01 are fantastic as to ergonomics and the CZ100 feels almost identical to the P99 (just flatter and it is DAO with a long trigger pull).  I have a CZ100 in 9mm with trigger mods that is one of my primary carry weapons.

If I could have just one 9mm or .40, I would have a hard time deciding which one to keep, they are that good and that close.  I have also owned Rugers, S&W, Berettas as well as many others, but none of them can hold a candle to the CZs as the Walthers do.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know you guys have lot to say about the CZ 75. But after seeing it in person and holding it; for me it didn't feel comfy. I guess it may have something to do with looks too.

Don't know why, but this is the heaviest 9mm gun I held too. Even when I had a stainless 92 beretta it didn't feel as heavy as this one.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well, the traditional CZ 75 is about the same weight as the Beretta...so the difference in the weight distribution could easily make it feel heavier.

The P-01 is about 8 ounces lighter and with a different grip. Like I said, I didn't really like the 75 grip but the P-01 felt great. Might be worth fondling one just to see the difference.

By the way, my 14-yr old agrees with you on the looks. He thinks the CZ 75 is ugly...but he kind of likes the P-01!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well,

Now I got the Sig bug. Some gun dealer el trying to sell a Sig 229 9mm. Do you have any opinions about this pistol? I wanted a 226 but he ran out of them.

Are Sigs corrosion resistant? Reliable? Accurate? How hard is to change the sighst to a night sights?

thanks,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts