Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you want a conversion barrel please e-mail me your name address and # of barrels you want so I can compile a list and get this started.Thanks

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Hmm, I just had a thought on the way home from a friend's today. Do we know for sure that we'll have no feeding problems with .357Sig rounds loaded in our .40S&W mags?

I just remember about the people complaining about all the problems they had with the H&K USP Full size .40S&W using a .357Sig conversion barrel and the feeding problems with .357Sig rounds in their mags.

Anyone tested this out?

Regards,
James

·
Registered
356 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (extremist @ Aug. 10 2002,2:04)]Hmm, I just had a thought on the way home from a friend's today.  Do we know for sure that we'll have no feeding problems with .357Sig rounds loaded in our .40S&W mags?  

I just remember about the people complaining about all the problems they had with the H&K USP Full size .40S&W using a .357Sig conversion barrel and the feeding problems with .357Sig rounds in their mags.

Anyone tested this out?
I guess we're all going to find out.

Seriously, though, it's sort of difficult to try this without a proper barrel. I doubt that Carl Walther will reveal information about their .357 Sig prototype.

Another possibility is to feed (but do not fire) .357 Sig rounds into a .40 Auto barrel. If you want to be extra-safe, remove the striker first.

·
Registered
356 Posts
What's the number of confirmed orders thus far?

Also, I spoke with Irv Stone (Bar-Sto) today, and he said that the .40 Auto P99 slide mass and its standard recoil spring will work perfectly with the .357 Sig barrel. Once he has the initial order of twenty units, that'll be "break even" for him in terms of setting up the tooling. After that, these barrels will be a standard production item for them.

Let's make this happen!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts