Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I emailed Walther America AKA S&W and the rep emailed me back saying that the all black PPS has been shipping in the past month.

has anyone seen one?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
alright, i spoke iwht SW again and he said they HAVE shipped the all balck ones, he gave me the name of one of the distributors...
i had my dealer call the distributor, which they happened to use anyway... and according to RSR distributors, they have had maybe ONE all black one come thru, and it was sold immediatly, so nothing is in stock now..
im on a waitign list, but still...... i want one NOW

·
Registered
529 Posts
Be patient...if they ship it they will come.....:rolleyes:
+1 Jake.

One of my dealers called S&W last week for me and they told him they have no information on when the black standard frame PPS will ship.
They tell everybody something diferrent.
I am going to just wait until I get a call, and avoid these useless "when are they shipping?" posts.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1 Jake.

One of my dealers called S&W last week for me and they told him they have no information on when the black standard frame PPS will ship.
They tell everybody something diferrent.
I am going to just wait until I get a call, and avoid these useless "when are they shipping?" posts.
I have to aggree with you there.
ive been running crazy for the past few days thinking all that work might turn one up.... and i got nothing.
so im just gonna sit back and wait

·
Registered
203 Posts
so i'm going to wait as well, in the meantime, i purchased a keltec pf9 which should hold me for the rest of the year. black will come and i will probably get one simply because i like this particular weapon.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Just to add insult to injury, I now observe a PPS ad in the latest American Rifleman. "THINK" it says in big letters.

I'm thinking, all right. Thinking that Walther's marketing and distribution facilities must be on different planets. Sorry - I meant the empty doublewide in the woods that used to be their exclusive product distribution point.

Frustrated? Naaaah. Not me.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just to add insult to injury, I now observe a PPS ad in the latest American Rifleman. "THINK" it says in big letters.

I'm thinking, all right. Thinking that Walther's marketing and distribution facilities must be on different planets. Sorry - I meant the empty doublewide in the woods that used to be their exclusive product distribution point.

Frustrated? Naaaah. Not me.
i agree with you. they are losing sales probably. people are buying weapons....like.....right now. because i couldn't wait, i bought this keltec pf9 and it sucks. now i have to sell it.

and i'm going to try to get this first edition on saturday if i can. if i cannot, i'm going to have to just wait for black....and if i have to wait too like, i might try this kahr pm9 (walter/sw better hope i don't like the pm9). there's only room for one small handgun.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I hope the Kahr works out for you, but I have to say that I had one of their small 9mm pistols and never liked it. It was subject to a recall that meant I had to send the barrel back to them, and I just never really had much confidence it the gun. It seemed like a clever design, but I thought the execution was poorly done. I traded it off for something - I can't recall what - but do know that I have never missed it.

Like I say, good luck with that. Personally, I am going to stop gnawing on my mousepad about this PPS thing and try and remain calm....

·
Registered
254 Posts
New guns are routinely announced months ahead of their actual arrival in stores. I see nothing excessive about this interval with the PPS. Seriously- this is the norm, and it has been for the more than a quarter of a century that I've been collecting firearms.
If you guys want to say Walther is "losing sales", I don't think you're really paying attention to the buzz around this pistol. Walther will sell every single PPS they make. Every. Single. One.

So, if someone wants to go buy a crappy Kahr because they just can't wait, more power to 'em. That means I may get my PPS a bit sooner.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
that is true..... look at how long the P30 and HK45 been in the papers....
Now CDNN is selling mags for the P30 .... but no P30 in the stores yet :eek:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i mean i know IM HYPED about this gun...
the guns and ammo article probably helped make folks aware too...
but do you think this gun will REALLY sell THAT well?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yes, I really do think the gun will sell that well.

As I make my rounds in the forums this morning, I have thrice encountered people saying on various boards that this gun company or that one has lost a sale.
It's as if some people think that they, as an individual (and not as a very small part of a vast consumer collective, which is the reality of the situation) hold the destiny of some company in their hands. Alrighty, sure. They're goin' down, and it's all because so-and-so decided not to buy their product.

This is a pistol Glock should have produced. I love my G26 but it's too damned thick. How many G26s and G27s have been produced since they were introduced 12 years ago? Tons. Mountains of 'em.
This Walther will follow suit, and I'm not buying a Kel-Tec or a Kahr just because I can't wait for a compact pistol built by one of the greatest extant gun makers. Patience is a virtue.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Absolutely, the sales will even get better as more and more people purchase one. I will get one sometime within the next year. I'm not chomping at the bit, but when I want one, I will look around the internet for a few days to price, call up to make sure the gun is in stock and order it. If not in stock I will just order one from my local gun store and tell them to call me when it comes in.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
The wait will be a bit longer as we all were hoping for I think.....
currently all the PPS's are still in Germany....
why ??? take a wild guess.....
I will keep you posted.....

·
Registered
203 Posts
well it simply can't work that way. the pps is a consumer product just like anything else so it's going to be subject to all the same market factors. it's not a ps3 or an iphone super product so it's a regular product.

the longer they wait to sell the black pps, the less pps's they will sell. if they started selling last month, perhaps they can sell 2 million guns but if they wait until Spring '08, maybe they only sell 1.2 million guns in the same time frame. that's lost sales.

it coming near christmas season. people buy things now. people have money to spend now. now is the time to put your product in their face. if you wait until january after i have already paid for iphone and ps3, might not have money for your pps after buying other stuff.

people are getting gun permits faster than ever. when you get your gun permit, you want your gun. today. what am i going to buy, a good deal on a kahr now or wait on a black pps this winter? a lot of folks don't even know about pps and they are buying those other weapons buy the thousands. can't be a good thing for pps.

glock and others will come out with a great pistol tomorrow. if you have a great pistol today, why not start selling it now while you have people that will buy it? isn't the fe vs black simply a color change? if you wait until Q1 '08 to start selling black and people see the new slim glock G49 on the gun magazine cover coming summer '08, pps loses sales.

i need a handgun today. i'm buying today. i can wait. but i can't wait forever. i like the pps. so when i get tired of waiting, i'll buy the FE. there are those who don't like the FE. what will they buy? something else.

it's a proven fact as with anything, any product. if you wait too long, you will lose sales. sure you can sell out everything, but you could have sold even more had you started sooner. if pps black comes out in the next 90 days, they'll be fine. i'm talking about next year is too late.

another point, once some people get into a firearm, it's not easy to swap out. for some of us, it is. we have multiple firearms. but if you commit to a g19 today, it's not going to be easy to sway you into a black pps in november. you and i aren't the normal. i'll probably get a black pps regardless, i'm just saying as a company, i hope there's a good reason for delaying black (if there is indeed a "delay").

my 2 cents.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
and I'm not buying a Kel-Tec or a Kahr just because I can't wait for a compact pistol built by one of the greatest extant gun makers. Patience is a virtue.

well i had no patience, so i ran out and bought a p99c..... lol at least its still a walther lol

·
Registered
254 Posts
well it simply can't work that way. the pps is a consumer product just like anything else so it's going to be subject to all the same market factors. it's not a ps3 or an iphone super product so it's a regular product.
Sure it can. Walther makes X number of pistols in a production run (they don't fire up the factory because some guy in Boise ordered a PPS). Walther then proceeds to sell all the pistols made during that production run.

There you have it. It's as simple as that. I know there are some out there that feel that some particular company is going to fold because Joe Consumer took his money elsewhere. In this instance, I'd estimate that Walther will squeak by. :rolleyes:

It's just like with SIGARMS. They sell everything they make, yet we have guys on SIGforum thinking they're gonna burn down the company because they say that they won't by this SIG or that. :D

Buy whatever you want. As a matter of fact, yes, dammit, they've waited too long for your precious gun dollar. Procrastinating bastards! How dare they announce a gun months in advance to build interest...just like everyone else. :rolleyes: Buy something else! :D

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
keep in mind one thing..... Walther rather has a good product on the market than something that is subject to a recall :eek:
with all the hype going on right now I understand that we are all frustrated not getting our pawn on the PPS... or P30 or HK45.... or whatever else it may be we are waiting for.....
but I rather wait and get a good product than buy it now and have to send it back for repair or due to a recall.....how many guns had a recall recently @ S&W.... you want that ?????
ask yourself what is more damage to a company.... a guy waiting 2 more weeks or even a month or two, or a guy that is writing on every forum he can find that his new gun is a POS......:confused:

·
Registered
256 Posts
David S,
You still made an excellent choice. That P99C is one terrific pistol. I felt it was on a par with my H&K P2000SK and Sig P239 which are excellent firearms.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts