Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking at a Alessi holster "talon plus" on ebay
I ask the guy about the clip....due to my 2 inch belts and if it would fit over it ... here is what I got back

""Plastic clip made to go over pant not the belt., no belt needed.""

anybody got one of those and can tell me how good those clips are.... or any other input.. pics maybe...

thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
The Alessi Talon Plus will only fit up to a 1 1/2" belt.  I use a 1 1/2" leather belt and the clip just fits it.  It's a really nice holster.  Check out one of my old posts for some photos of mine (scroll to bottom):  Alessi Talon Plus

·
Registered
525 Posts
Be warned, alessi doesn't have a mold for the new style trigger guards on 2004+ models so this will be for older guns.

If you have questions you might also email him at LFAlessi @ cs.com he's a really good guy and would probably help you out even if you aren't buying new.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok
I am a lil lost... with a open ended Holster out of leather how would it make a difference pre2004 or after 2004.... I see the point in Kydex holsters... but not on the leather ones
Is the difference really that big....
Do you use the clip on your belt, or like this guy tried to tell me just on the pants.... I kinda get the feeling he just want's to sell it...
I just got a Walther Holster for my P99c from Germany,,, and the clip is just a lil too small.. So I think I will search for a clip that will fit around my 2 inch belt.. but I wanted this one for fullsize....

·
Registered
45 Posts
The main difference (that affects holster fit) between the pre-2004 and the new version of the P99 is the trigger guard design. My P99 is a 1998 full-size version, which is the design that the Alessi was made for. As I stated in my other reply, I use a 1 1/2" leather belt and it fits the clip with no room to spare. A 2" belt is kind of big. I don't think I even own a pair of jeans or pants with loops that would fit a 2" belt.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All my jeans but one pair will fit my 2 inch belt...
anyhow... I am curious if that clip would stay in place having it just attached to the pants rather the belt ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
The holster would probably stay attached to your pants, but it would shift around a lot and become unsecure and uncomfortable.  Using a belt keeps the holster secure and bears the weight of the handgun better.  If you're stuck on using a 2" belt, my advice is to find a holster that works with that.  Otherwise, switch to a 1 1/2" belt and your holster options open up a bit more.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yeah the end isn't the issue, its the trigger guard. Look at a high quality leather holster and see its shaped to fit the contours of the gun? Its shaped and stitched in front of and around the trigger guard. If theres a different shape, it won't fit right.

I think the guy's just trying to sell you the holster too. Some people clip the holster to their pants, but that doesn't let the belt do its job of distributing the weight. Ymmv, but I wouldn't buy it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts