Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a case of this stuff based upon many reviews and for price. I discovered that it does not function well in three of my 22 auto pistols. Specifically, it does not run in my S&W M&P 22 compact, Walther P22 or Beretta 21A. The ammo seems to lack sufficient energy to blow out the spent case from the chamber. The ammo turned the above pistols into single shots.

Just for a point of comparison, all of the above guns run fine on bulk box Federal and even crappy Winchester M22.

I contacted the importer who advised me to have a gunsmith check out my pistols and magazines. I explained that the issue isn't feeding, they all feed the ammo fine. But, it seems to be the rounds just do not have enough energy. As stated above, these all run fine with other ammo.

On the plus side, I did find that the Aguila shot decent groups and functioned well out of my Ruger 10/22 rifle.

In the future I am only going to buy CCI. It costs more, but it works in all of my firearms. I offer this up in case you were considering buying a large quantity of this ammo and intended to use it in the pistols listed above. Overall rating: 3 stars out of 5.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have found the Aguila SE works fine in the Nelson conversion for my 1911 and in the dedicated 22 upper for my AR, but not well at all in my 1960s-era PP. As you have discovered, there's just not enough energy to cycle the gun reliably. CCI Mini Mag, AR Tactical, and Velocitor all work great. But, in thousands of rounds for me by now, the Aguila has shown 99+% ignition reliability. At .04 cents per round delivered, and in the right gun, it's a bargain.

·
Registered
9,823 Posts
I'd recommend you test any ammo for any specific pistol before you purchased a large amount of it. Some pistols, even larger caliber center fire, do not like all ammo brands. Stingers have a longer case vs standard high velocity rounds. 1917

1 - 5 of 5 Posts