Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m new to the Walther forum. Geoff from Ireland. Just purchased my first Walther having had a lifelong love of them. Can anyone help me with putting an age on my PPK. The serial number is 153796. Any information on it would be greatly appreciated and if anyone knows anybody shipping to Europe who makes wooden grips please recommend also. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
629 Posts
If you have the test target that comes with it, the date will be on that as well. At first glance, if the box in the picture actually belongs to the pistol, I believe that was the 70's version.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome! Nice PPK!

Is it difficult to get a pistol in Ireland? Could you summarize what you had to go through to obtain a pistol. My question assumes you are not a policeman, or any other person that might have rights not available to the ordinary citizen.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
It's probably a 1971 model. If the gun has a commercial proof – which is more than likely – then you can find the year code (71 presumptively) next to the other two markings of the proof. The eagle/N stands for the nitro proof and the antler is the sign of the Ulm proof house.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have purchased wood grips from a Turkish eBay dealer:
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/263978202746?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
The quality is very good and a perfect fit on a 1966 PPK-L.
But note, it does not come with securing screw fittings, you use your original or purchase additional screw fittings.
The photo of the fitted grips are of my PPK-L that I sent to the seller..

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
If you have the test target that comes with it, the date will be on that as well. At first glance, if the box in the picture actually belongs to the pistol, I believe that was the 70's version.
On German test target sheets there is usually no date. The brown cardboard box was used between 1970 and 1972. So it seems that it is the original box to the gun in question.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts