Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found out that there is only one part in this gun that requires fitting.
Thanks to Earl at Earls repair, he told me, that , Part # 17 in the exploded view (the trigger bar guide), he calls it the cam, comes in about 8 different heights.
I was having trouble with it going back to double action by itself, just by feathering the trigger.
Seems I need a taller "cam". I just told Earl to send me all 8, and I will measure them, and install the correct one.
Its crazy, that the P99 only has one fitted part, and all the rest are interchangeable!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I will likely need to do that. The used P99 I bought has way too much play for the first shot. The trigger does not lock back into SA mode when you rack the first shot into place. I'm unaware if it supposed to or not. I've already ordered a new trigger assembly and trigger spring for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you mean you could change it to DAO or QA by switching triggers? Please advise me on how. I has a sa/da now.

·
Registered
821 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (paladyne @ July 07 2004,9:14)]I will likely need to do that. The used P99 I bought has way too much play for the first shot. The trigger does not lock back into SA mode when you rack the first shot into place. I'm unaware if it supposed to or not. I've already ordered a new trigger assembly and trigger spring for it.
Whoa, now!  Don't go breaking apart that P99 just yet.  What model do you have?  Year, markings on the slide, etc.?

Anti-Stress P99s have the anti-stress trigger system and the "play" with which you speak is a normal function of the gun.  The trigger is forward with an extremely long yet light pull for the first SA shot to aid in preventing accidental discharges under stress, hence anti-stress.  All follow up SA shots have the trigger rearward in the normal SA position you're probably used to.

All I'm saying is, read that manual!  And please, don't break apart your baby to fiddle with it.  It likely works normally.  Let us know.

-stunks

·
Registered
471 Posts
If there is any concern about it not being right, It's my opine that you either call S&W, or in the very least, take it to a "good" gunsmith and have them look at it... If it where me, I'd opt for S&W because they "know" that gun!

·
Registered
471 Posts
LOL, ya realed me in with you too stunks!
I didnt notice it either...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts