Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you have sent PMs this morning regarding the adverts that have shown up in a variety of sections of the forum. An inquiry to the site's owners/administrators produced the following explanation:

"That's a company that we work with. It should only show up a couple of times, if that."

At least we know that we aren't looking at a spreading virus that will turn us all into zombies, much to Pilotsteve's chagrin. Onward and upward.

·
Premium Member
8,496 Posts
Before others post on this thread, please give me time to cook up some popcorn and get a soda....:D

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Thank you for the information, Searcher. I noticed a bunch of ads through the General Discussion and PP subforums earlier today but they are indeed gone now. I was going to flag 'em for spam but someone beat me to it. Who knows how these things happen... there can only be one explanation:

-Pilotsteve

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
There's ways around ads, via an add-on for popular browsers. It's called "ad Blocker" very ironically enough. ;)

I've used it for 4+ years with Mozilla, and to a degree Chrome when i was experimenting with it. Works great, and doesn't load other bullcrap when you add it in.

That brings me to a question for Searcher Bill. Is this place "owned" by any groups that specialize in "forum ownership" such as Autoguide, or the like?

:)

·
Premium Member
8,496 Posts
Unfortunately TB, these were posted as threads and Ad Blocker doesn't recognize them as such...but A+ on AB. It does a great job....except in this case...

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
215 Posts
I know this thread is a year old but I'd rather have it the old way than with the appeals to teen boys ads they have now.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
There's several forums I visit to varying degrees of frequency. Only two do I visit daily, multiple times, at that.

I can't recommend AdBlock enough. And if you're lucky enough (sarcasm knob turned to 11!) to be a member of an autoguide forum, expect ads all over the place, within individual threads even.

But not with adblock. Last I heard, there was even a version for mobile and android, though for me, I'd rather bang away at my keyboard when posting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts