Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have researched many posts about how the trigger on the P99 gets better after 400-1000 pulls, but can you define "better" for me? What specifically becomes better about the pull? Also, does dry-firing with snap caps help this process the same as live ammo?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can describe feelings when i selected P99' from the board. I tried four and choose one with best factory shoot and smoothest triger.

Word smooth describes what i felt. When i pull the trigger i usually felt something scratchy. The one had no such feeling.
So "better" definition for me means it will become smooth. Because almost everything is working same way while dry-firing i think it will help.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have been shooting my P99 for about 9 years now but I never ascertained any substantial changes regarding the trigger feeling. Maybe I was lucky to have a smooth trigger right from the start ? However I do recommend to keep the interior of the gun clean, especially the trigger bar (inside at the right side of the frame) and the trigger bar cams as well. The trigger bar makes contact with the striker safety by means of the forward 'hump' on the trigger bar and the trigger bar itself is guided at the rear by another cam, located just in front of the firing unit (or how is it called ?).A little drop of oil on the top ridge of the trigger bar (where the bar makes contact with the cam and the striker safety) will improve things very much. Also keep the area between the trigger bar and the frame clean by pulling a thin cloth from between them. Also apply a little oil; there's a very small cam (bulging) at the right side of the trigger bar by which the bar slides against the inner frame surface. Finally check your trigger for axial play. The trigger sides shouldn't rub against the frame too hard. Hope this helps ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts