Walther Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
This part is already polished on my pistol since 7k rounds ago when I decided to smooth my trigger. Also the part of the trigger bar that interfaces with it. After 7k rounds and while ckecking it today I found excessive wear on it (not the trigger bar). Truth being told, I forgot about the polishing and NEVER oiled it all this time. Pics attachedd

The case hardening on these parts is quite thin - you may have polished through it causing excessive wear.

I put a few dozen rounds through the PPQ today with it removed - no issues at all (although it makes me remember why I don't shoot the Walthers much anymore.).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425504331.243579.jpg

Video to follow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been trying to figure out the purpose of the adjustable trigger bar guide? My trigger has been feeling slightly gritty as of late. After taking somethings apart I found that if I take the adjustable trigger bar guide out the trigger becomes very smooth. Would this present an issue if I were to keep it out? If so, is there anyway to get ride of the gritty feeling the trigger bar guide causes?
Looking at my PPQ SC, I think that the adjustable trigger bar guide (TBG) functions to prevent the trigger bar (TB) from releasing the firing pin block (FPB) unless the slide is in full battery. By pushing down on the TB, the TBG prevents the the trigger bar from pushing up on the FPB. When the slide is in full battery, a tab on the TBG that rides on the bottom of the slide drops up into a notch in the right side of the slide, allowing the TB to pully push up on the FPB when the trigger is pulled.

trigger bar guide to Slide.png

21 - 23 of 23 Posts