Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won an Gunbroker auction for a boxed P5, three mags (two Walther, one aftermarket), one of those surplus police holster and magazine pouches, extra recoil springs (installed by the seller prior to my picking up the gun), Hogue (installed) and factory grips, and manual. I did a FTF pickup of the guns, whereupon I got lost. The seller felt bad for me and tossed in 180 rounds or so of CCI Blazer ammo.

The gun had it's slide recently reblued, but is a BMI "cross out" police gun with "2/84," staghorn, and "IE" stamps.

While at the sellers house, he had an East German 1961-manufactured Makarov with one magazine and a set of installed Pearce grips and new recoil springs. I purchased it outright for $275.

Range report to follow.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
hehehe
I bet you won't be dissapointed in the P5.... on of the guns to never be sold....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Glad you are happy with the P5.You are a gentleman and a pleasure to business with. Let me know how you like it after you go to the range.
Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
333 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (srfl @ Oct. 23 2006,1:07)]I won an Gunbroker auction for a boxed P5, three mags (two Walther, one aftermarket), one of those surplus police holster and magazine pouches, extra recoil springs (installed by the seller prior to my picking up the gun), Hogue (installed) and factory grips, and manual.  I did a FTF pickup of the guns, whereupon I got lost.  The seller felt bad for me and tossed in 180 rounds or so of CCI Blazer ammo.

The gun had it's slide recently reblued, but is a BMI "cross out" police gun with "2/84," staghorn, and "IE" stamps.

While at the sellers house, he had an East German 1961-manufactured Makarov with one magazine and a set of installed Pearce grips and new recoil springs.  I purchased it outright for $275.

Range report to follow.
I think you'll be well pleased with your new, used P5..  I love mine.

My SOG P6 has obvious bluing wear on the slide from holster use, but internally it seems in great shape.  It shoots poa for me, and is a pleasure to shoot.

Sounds like a deal on the EG Mak too.

Enjoy, & Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took the P5 to the range on Monday (10/23) with CCI Blazer 115 grain FMJ (given to me by bklynshu/Joe...thanks Joe!  You were awesome to deal with and would happily do business with you again!  Plus you're a fellow NY Mets fan!) and Winchester (white box - WWB) 115 grain FMJ (USA9MMVP) ammunition.

I did not clean the gun/bore before shooting it; Joe kept this sucker clean, so I didn't do my typical cleaning routine.

I set up my targets between seven and ten yards away and fired at a one round-a-second cadence for the most part.  I fired 24 rounds of CCI Blazer (this ammo is prohibited at the range I usually shoot at, but I wanted to fire some of this ammunition through the gun, but I didn't press my luck....and I policed my brass....er.....aluminium) and 100 rounds of the WWB.

This ten yard, two-handed, unsupported 15-round target fired with WWB exemplified my typical results:

This gun handled great.  Recoil is well managed; not that 9mm recoil is of great concern.  The DA/SA trigger pull was very nice.  Getting a surprise trigger break was easy and trigger reset was very positive which is something I value in any gun.  

I did get one failure-to-eject malfunction with the CCI Blazer which is a first for me; I've never had CCI Blazer cause a malfunction in a gun.  I have had CCI Blazer Brass malfunction in my Ruger P345 .45 ACP though.  In fairness, I might have loosely gripping the gun at the time.  Further, I'm not sure if the malfunction occurred with the aftermarket magazine; I suspect that magazine was used at the time.

All-in-all, this is a good gun which, regrettably, I cannot carry during my off-duty LE days as my agency mandates off-duty carriage of our issue SIGARMS P229's.  If it wasn't for that, I'd consider occasionally carrying this gun, provided it was reliable with good standard velocity hollowpoint ammunition.  

By the way, here's a photo of the Makarov I also purchased from bklynshu/Joe which I haven't fired yet....ammo for it is forthcoming....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts