Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I splurged a bit but I did sell a couple to offset the cost. Wish it was in 300BO though. MAC has a couple of pretty good videos on youtube. The CZ rep even brought a couple full auto versions to try out. These have been available for a few years now but I never even looked at one until a couple months ago. I was immediately hooked and the VZ58 was needing some company.

·
Super Moderator
7,356 Posts
Tell us some more. How does it work (DI, etc), does it take AR/NATO mags?
Moon

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Be sure and watch the video below, it helped push me along to get the rifle. Now I need the pistol version with the 11 inch barrel, then add a Maxim brace to it.

Congratulations! I’ve always liked the 805. I’d like to hear your impressions after you have shot it some.

I've only put about a hundred rounds through it so far, sighted it in with 2-3 of those and then consistently shot half inch or so groups with the balance of the Black Hills ammo that I was using. It's not a target rifle and is not intended to put micro groups on paper. I'm sure those groups will open up at a hundred yards, probably to 1-1 1/2 if I'm able to do my part. I would like for it to have a heavier profile barrel but that would add to the weight. I love the way it shoots, there is very little noticeable recoil. Can't wait to get it back to the range.

Tell us some more. How does it work (DI, etc), does it take AR/NATO mags?

Moon

It is a piston operated rifle which is what I prefer, my SIG MCX has spoiled me to that. It uses AR mags or you can get the kit to convert it to the original designed CZ proprietary mags. CZ sells the kit which includes a mag well and 5 magazines. I think I'll stay with the AR mags, that way I can use my 10 and 20 rounders. I think the first ones that made it over here from the Czech Republic had the original Bren mag setup. I like the rifle and it is something you would expect coming from the Czechs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts