Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been pleased with my 5" 9mm PPQ, yesterday I picked up a 5" PPQ in .22. I've had a P22 for a long time.always been very reliable and incredibly accurate, particularly after I swapped out for the 5" target barrel kit. No complaints on the P22 but the PPQ .22 is more a full size replica of the 9mm making it more useful as a low cost trainer. Everything said it came with 1 12 rd magazine but it came with 2.

The other main appeal of the PPQ in .22 is that it won't be as big a PITA to clean as the P22. With the P22, I have to remove the barrel shroud, unscrew the bridge mount for the red dot for cleaning and I also have to watch that the crews for the attachments don't back out when shooting. With the 5" PPQ, its all unitized and allows "no tool" takedown for cleaning. I'll probably switch the P22 back to the short barrel as it's much smaller size might be handy on occasion.

I do like the black rear/ fiber front sights on the .22 and will probably add a comparable Trijicon set on the 9mm. On sights, I have bought a couple of medium priced red dots and, with some recent eye problems, have a hard time getting a clear view of the dot. The exception is an old Walther Top Point I've used on the P22 for years. No problem seeing the dot clearly despite my eye problems. I have only used that sight on .22 but I may try it out with the 9mm as well.If it won't handle the extra recoil, I may go with an Ultradot Matchdot that I'm sure will work for both.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As I fooled with the new PPQ .22 today, I noticed that it came with an additional red fiber front sight in the tool bag. Anybody know if this is a straight replacement or a different height sight? My P22 came with several different height front sights but didn't expect an extra with the PPQ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts