Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The P.22 section seems a little slow so I thought I would ask this question.

Has anyone purchased/used the P.22 bridge mount that is available? The price from Earl's at $39.95 seems a little expensive for plastic, but what is low priced from Walther? Anyway, with the bridge mount, it looks like a great addition to mount one of the Red Dot 1x scopes. What are some opinions?

Abwehr

·
Registered
1 Posts
Call Smith & Wesson direct, tell them you want p22 bridgemount. they will know what you want. Cost $22.00 + shipping. I don't understand why its not in their online catalog (Walther America)but its not. I just ordered it myself this way.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Abwehr,

Skip the Bridge Mount and get the Tac Mount, instead. Better overall, sturdy and w/lots of Weaver interface bases to hang various add-ons.

Check out this on line seller in Germany, as well as what the Tac Mount looks like with Red Dot and Tac Light attached:

http://www.kaehny.de/export/p22c.htm

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with Abwehr about kaheny.de.  I have ordered from th em in the past and they ship faster thans some companies here in the US.  They also seem to have better prices even though they are in Germany.  Must get a good discount since they are so close to Walther.  I just ordered a tactical mount along with an optical sight and light from them.  I will let everyone know what I think when it arrives.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Kaehny is good to deal with. I strippeed the little hex screw on the on the nosepiece on the 5" P-22,and $9.00 plus $6.00 shipping and a week and ahalf latter I had a brand new one from Germany.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just recieved the Tac Mount for my P-22. I ordered on Thurs. and recieved it on Mon. Four days from Germany,incredible. I just ordered the red dot scope from him to. If I had to rate Kaehny I'd rate him 10 plus 5.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I got one of those Tac Mounts from Kaehny last year.
It does the job, but the hardware was very soft; stripped most of the screws after takedown/reassembly for cleaning a couple times. I had some small stainless steel hardware on-hand, and use that now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got my scope yesterday. I'll be going to the range today to see if it was worth it.The only drawback I see is that I won't be able to completely break the gun down every time I shoot, to many screws.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes, that's true, I break-down the P22 every 3-4 trips now, instead of removing that mount every time. I was just out at lunch with my P22 5" with Tac Mount cheap BSA Red Dot.
After range fun, I did the usual quick swab with Q-Tips, Ran a bore snake thru, & packed it up. (Oh, I also push the firing pin forward to clean the gunk & carbon off)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just got back from the range. My groups were alot better at 40 ft. with the scope once I got it adjusted, no small fete in itself. The P-22 is a fun pistol but for target shooting it's not as good as the Ruger or Buckmark and thats from my experiance shooting my friends guns.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts