Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is an adapter that fits the rail of 1st generation P99's that changes it to a picatinny or weaver mount to allow mounting of lasers and lights etc?
I did try a search but so many came up and the ones I looked at did not give me my answer. Thank you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you can find it, Umarex made the rail adapters. I've been looking with no luck. Another member has one but he is not in the U.S.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Rail Adaptor

I have one of these. It is made from a cheap potmetal type material (I think). There are two hex head bolts that clamp the adaptor to the original rail type and convert it to a weaver style rail. It kinda bulky and would interfere with holstering even without a light or laser attached.

I bought this over the internet from a guy by the name of Chowie. He still lists Walther knives and stuff on eBay. Also he has some items in the non-gun section of GunsAmerica. Shipping was slow from Germany but it got here just fine. I have ordered magazines, knives, Walther flashlights, etc. since then without any problems.

If you cannot find him on the web, then PM me and I will give you his email address.

·
Registered
382 Posts
they ARE cheap pot metal and they are made ONLY for the uramex airsoft/ pellet guns they should NOT be used on a REAL p99 as it WILL damage the rails

·
Registered
306 Posts
from the guy ("member who is not in the US) :D

check out the "show us your Walther Thread" under the P99 threads of this forum, move to page 8 and you'll find the answer which I already communicated to another forum member. Don't know if they're still in business though because I've got an uncomfortable feeling that the company "has changed" somewhat during the last couple of years. I would suggest to send them an e-mail to make sure.

Good luck ;)

·
Registered
306 Posts
By the way, the adapter is indeed made of cast metal but is well finished (black enamel baked finish), has a precise fit on the P99's dust cover and definitely does not chew up the rails ! I've been shooting my P99 with the adapter for 2 years now and the only (very slight) damage to the rails was caused by the heavier LAM (LDI BA5) which I don't use anymore unless for practising / dry firing. Hope this info has been useful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone for your help. I will check them out.
ET I did check the site in Germany but I could not find the rail just a mount for over the top for red dot sights.
Again thank you.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Rail Adapter

I bought my rail adapter from this guy in Germany. http://www.germanguns.de/exportindex.htm

If you do not see an item on his web page, then he can often times get it for you if you email him.

I sent him a US postal money order in the mail and the product arrived as advertised about three weeks later.

BTW. I have no financial or other connection to this company/person other than ordering from him about four times.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts