Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought and will receive next week a NIB unfired P88. I'm wondering how many people own them and are actually firing them on a regular basis. If so, how does it compare to other pistols in your collection? Things like trigger, accuracy, etc. I'll be comparing it to my HK P9S combat 9mm and Sig 210--if I shoot it. This gun is so beautiful I'm thinking of making it my only unfired gun to be kept as an investment. Greg

·
Registered
130 Posts
My P210 is a bit more accurate at distance, but my P88C is not too far behind. About the same as my P7 at all distances. I like the SA/DA trigger pull far better than a conventional SA/DA pistol with a trigger job. Smooth, controllable, and breaks cleanly. I shoot mine about once a month with at least two hundred rounds of ammo. The previous owner has hardly ever carried or shot it.

Good luck with magazines... they are outrageously priced.

New unfired P88 and P88C pistols are available for sale. I'd vote to shoot it, otherwise it has no purpose for existence.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I shoot mine on a regular basis, and I just believe a gun like that just DESERVES to be shot. It is too fine a gun to keep unfired. Of course, it'll be worth more if you think you may want to sell it one day if it's unfired.

It'll probably be a little less accurate than the P210, but I've never shot one of those. I think my P88 is about the same as my P9S as far as accuracy, but I prefer the trigger on the P9S.

Earl ( Earl's Repair Service ) uses the P88 as his carry gun of choice, and that guy has PLENTY of guns he could carry. TJ ( TJ's Custom Gunworks ) told me that there was not much that could be done to improve the P88 for trigger or feeding.

My P88 has never had a failure of any kind,and I've tried several brands and configurations of ammo.

The mags are not that expensive now that the ban is over. I just bought several for about 35-40 each. I think the mags that are not marked as LEO are still overpriced.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I've got a full sized P88. Love it!! I don't shoot it much though, it is in excellent condition, and I've wanted to keep it that way. When I have shot it, it has performed extremely well, without any malfunctions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts