Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made the mistake of firing blanks in my PPQ and since then I have to recock the gun for every round thus acting like a single action. Before this happened I was able to fire shots one after the other with no need to recock the gun. I sent the gun back to service and repairs and they sent it back to me saying it worked fine. Is this a user error on my end? Is there something I’m doing that is causing it to not preform as it should?

·
Super Moderator
14,537 Posts
Let me start with this. Do this with no ammo in the chamber and no magazine. If you rack the slide all the way rearward and back forward, can you then pull the trigger and hear the customary 'click'?

·
Super Moderator
14,537 Posts
Okay, walk me thru exactly what you do when you're shooting real ammo and you have to recock the pistol after every shot? Exactly how do you recock the gun? Are you shooting the same ammo now that you previously used in the gun when it was running properly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, walk me thru exactly what you do when you're shooting real ammo and you have to recock the pistol after every shot? Exactly how do you recock the gun? Are you shooting the same ammo now that you previously used in the gun when it was running properly?
Let’s say I have 5 rounds in the mag. For the first round I’ll pull the slide all the way back and let it slide forward-loading a round. I’ll fire, release my finger from the trigger and then pull the trigger for a follow up shot. The trigger will click but not fire any rounds. I will then repeat step 1 and pull the slide back again to lord another round in the chamber. I will have to repeat this process to fire every shot.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Let’s say I have 5 rounds in the mag. For the first round I’ll pull the slide all the way back and let it slide forward-loading a round. I’ll fire, release my finger from the trigger and then pull the trigger for a follow up shot. The trigger will click but not fire any rounds. I will then repeat step 1 and pull the slide back again to lord another round in the chamber. I will have to repeat this process to fire every shot.
It's hard to think they would ship it back to you from the factory after "repairs" and still have it completely failing to feed. I have seen stranger things tho to be fair.

If you are comfortable in your gun handling and able to keep your finger nowhere near the trigger, I would try cycling rounds by hand and see what happens, you may be able to narrow down what is causing the issue.

Also if they sent it back to you and said it worked fine but you are still having these problems make sure to video tape the next range trip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts