Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, i acquired a P99Q slide and barrel. Since this model was only made for certain military and police agencies, I am having a difficult time finding a compatible complete lower in the P99 series. Are there any in the the PPQ line that P99Q slide and barrel are compatible with? HELP!

-Subcomm

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
I'd probably start with a PPQ Classic frame, as that was the derivative of the P99Q. Of course the trigger, disconnector, and related bits are not the same as a standard PPQ, though.

Try Earl Sheehan and see what he's got to say? I don't have his number, but if you googled him, you'll find ways to open a line of communication. In this case, I'd say he's highly likely to be the only course of action.

Now, how in hell did you come to possess a slide and barrel from a P99Q? LOL.

Unless it's from one of those places that buy turned-in guns, sell the parts not deemed a "gun", and destroy the part that "is" the "gun"...

I don't see anyone with any sense parting out a P99Q lol.

Either way, you're about 40% of a sought after gun. Hope you find the rest to make it at least in a firing state. :)

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
The P99Q is a partially pre-cocked striker fired pistol with a double strike capability.

Walther has not made another striker fired pistol with both of these features, so I think you are out of luck unless you get a P99Q frame.

What country are you located in, and how did you get a slide for a pistol that is only available to police and military agencies?

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
He's in the states, according to the post he made in the P99 subforum ;)

My guess is he bought it from one of those places that takes turned-in guns, destroys the frame/lower/receiver, and sells the rest.

There was a place linked here awhile back....
I seem to recall a few Walther guns on it.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Thanks for all the information. Still trying to figure it out.
Are you willing to divulge how you acquired the slide n' barrel? :)

If not, no biggie, just wanted to satisfy my curiosity if I was correct in my assumption a couple posts back :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
I’m just going to throw this out there, you may be able to increase your options by including the S&W P99. Basically a joint venture between S&W and Walther. If I remember correctly the biggest differences were cosmetic. I tried very hard to like the S&W P99 I had but the bump in the bottom of the trigger guard created a blister on my trigger finger. This gun was issued to several LE agencies, so there might be a chance of finding a lower. I’m pretty sure the internals are the same.

Good luck

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Once I get this figured out I will be happy to share some details about how I was able to get this.

·
Premium Member
13,794 Posts
Subcomm, what is it exactly, you're trying to figure out?

Just looking at the 'exploded views' and reading about the 99Q trigger, I'm thinking Walther may have used a regular ole P99 trigger assembly and a P99Q specific sear housing assembly.

So, if you are dead nuts set on putting together something most resembling the P99Q, you'd need to use a P99 frame assembly with ambidextrous slide stop and paddle mag release. The only place you might be able to get one of those is to speak to Earl and see if he can order one for you....it won't be cheap.

In addition, I think you can use a standard P99 trigger assembly (part number 2753057)

And a P99 QA sear housing assembly (part number 2656078)

THAT's what I'd start with.

No not really, I'd use one of the complete PPQ M2 frames I posted a link to earlier, then see if I could obtain the QA sear housing. If Earl couldn't get me a QA sear housing, I'd just run a P99 AS trigger and sear housing....knowing a P99 AS can be decocked without the use of the decocker button, since the P99Q slide doesn't have a decocker button.

Lots of ways to skin the cat.......pick one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all of the input.

Oldfart, I bought the one you posted a link to. I put the slide/barrel on it today and it fits perfectly. One issue, the trigger does not appear to cock or function. If I pull the slide to the rear without the trigger depressed, the trigger has no function.

When I pull the slide to the rear with the trigger depressed then let the slide return forward, the trigger will reset when I slightly release it. It immediately goes back to no function again.

These steps were done with no magazine inserted. Please excuse my elementary level of Walther knowledge.

·
Premium Member
13,794 Posts
I believe a PPQ striker assembly will fix you up.

Here ya go......you'll need to check the serial number on that new frame.....I'm thinking it'll be a serial number greater than FCA0001.

2807998 Striker assembly for S/N FCA0001 or later

·
Premium Member
13,794 Posts
Sub, on the striker assembly I recommended....er'...uh....If you use that striker, you'd also need to use the later model FPB.

I'm thinking you need the striker for serial numbers prior to or less than FCA0001....and I'd be hopeful that the FPB use in the P99Q and PPQ's (with serials less than FCA0001) are the same.

So, I'd recommend this striker (for serials less than FCA0001).
2778149 Striker assembly

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
What exactly are you trying to do with this slide assembly?

Do you want a pistol that functions like a P99Q, or are you satisfied with mixing and matching parts to have a pistol that functions like a pistol other than a P99Q?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What exactly are you trying to do with this slide assembly?

Do you want a pistol that functions like a P99Q, or are you satisfied with mixing and matching parts to have a pistol that functions like a pistol other than a P99Q?
I dont mind mixing and matching anything. Complete Frankenstein is ok, I just neee a functioning weapon.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
The P99 DAO is the only other P99 pistol that did not come with a decocker on the slide. I would assume that this would be the most likely to work here, but, I'm not sure.

I'd suggest taking a picture of the bottom of the slide so that we can see what striker we are dealing with. All of the different models came with different striker assemblies, and corresponding sear housings.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Nevermind. The lack of a post delete function goes against the Force.

Jedi are not thrilled. :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts