Walther Forums banner

Accessory Rails? - Who actually uses accessory rails?

• I am law enforcement and I use the accessory rails.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am not law enforcement and I use the accessory rails.

• I am law enforcement and I do not use the accessory rails.

• I am not law enforcement and I do not use the accessory rails.

• I have used the rails in the past, but no longer find them useful.

• I do not use the accessory rails, but I like having them.

• The presence or absence of accessory rails is meaningless to me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The accessory rails are a feature of the P99. The question is, how many people here use them? If you use them, please comment why- If you no longer use them, also feel free to comment.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think the main problem with the P99s accessory rails is that they are proprietary and so the choice of products is very limited and rather expensive.

If I could go out and grab any accessory and put it on my P99, from the cheapest airsoft accessory right up to a high quality Surefire, etc, I think it would instantly be more useful to more people.

But it is a good thing as well. I cringe everytime I go to the range and see an AR rifle with Mag-lites, Daisy BB gun red-dot sights, airsoft accessories, etc.

Were it up to me, I'd rather have a picatinny rail on the P99. In fact, it should be THE industry standard. I don't see why it is not.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I've never used mine, but its nice to have. I do wish they would have done what they're doing with the next generation P99 and put the 1913 picatinny style mount on in the first place. That was a bone head move on their part. imo.

·
Registered
187 Posts
If they had been a "standard" type, I might use 'em.
I have no plans to use them now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would like to use the accessory rails but the price of the accessories (tac light esp.) is what keeping me from not using it.
I hope there are cheaper alternatives.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey, this brings up something I was wondering about...

When the P99 came out, there was a laser available for it called the BA-5. Now all I see is the BA-6, and the BA-5 is only listed as fitting the SW99. I like how the -5 was smaller than the current -6. Why was it discontinued for the P99, or does it still fit?

..Joe

·
Registered
356 Posts
Wingnut357, you wrote:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]A proprietary to picatinny adapter, if small enough, would be the best thing ever.
There is one, apparently just released. You can see photos here: http://www.kaehny.de/export/ppk.htm

The photo of it attached is not accurate, as it should seat further back on the frame, to be flush against the front of the trigger guard.

·
Registered
411 Posts
DO NOT ORDER FROM KAEHNY.DE !!!!!!!
The ATF is investigating him for importation violations. If you place an order from Kaehny there is a very good chance the ATF will be visiting you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I definitely want to use the rail. I’m hoping to get the M6x light with laser combo and may have found the appropriate adapter, (here), has anyone else seen this? Can anyone tell if I’m reading this correctly or not?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Dan -

There's another thread on here somewhere about the adapter...it is the right one. I'm looking at the same thing for mine...so I can switch a tac light between my Glock and Walther.
I've been looking at either the M3 or the M6...depends on how nice I am to my wife!

·
Registered
310 Posts
You might want to shop around....there are some better prices out there. Botach Tactical carries the M6 for $230 (although I've heard various stories about their customer service...no first hand experience myself -- but they have some of the best prices around.) Farm Police Supply has it for $240.

Hope this helps.
Jim

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah, that helps a lot. In an attempt to return the favor, you mentioned it depends on how nice you are to your wife... mine always used to like it when I...
Never mind.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey I just ordered a tac light made by walther off of ebay. It includes a weaver rail adapter. I believe the p99c has a weaver rail if this is the case and it fits with out the adapter I am willing to sell it. I will have to wait and see weather or not it works by itself I should know by the end of next week. I will make a post either way. The person I am purcasing it from is in germany and has a lot of walther parts for sell real cheap. The tac light including the light adapter light holster and preasure switch was right at 70$ US for cheaper than what I have seen before.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I finaly got the tac light kit in and I do not need the weaver rail adapter. If any one would like to purchase the adapter send me an email. To make it easier I will use paypal. Its first come.

·
Registered
6 Posts
this picatinny adapter is cool but i would never buy one. I think that its a low blow for any gun maker to make this railing system proprietary. I am seriously thinking about moddifying this rail system with a little home remedy so that it WILL be universal.

To me another adapter is another feature to go wrong when you need something to work and i am not going to trust my life to that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts