Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an AC41 var 2 recently to complete a frankengun I had been building, and ran into a bit of trouble.

After cleaning and re-assembling the slide and barrel, I actuated the firing pin to measure protrusion from the bolt face on simulated firing, and found that it wouldn't even pass beyond said face.

The firing pin is almost definitely coming in contact with the firing pin lock (not the retainer pin) when being pushed forward, and stopping just short of the bolt face on the slide.

When I removed the firing pin lock the firing pin can move beyond the bolt face easily.

I was wondering if this was a misunderstanding on my part with re-assembly of the slide, or if the firing pin is mis-matched, or the firing pin lock is mis-matched.

Either way, I was wondering if any folks on here ran into similar issues

--thanks in advance for advice

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply!

To be clear, I’m depressing the firing pin lock towards the rear sight, when I’m actuating the firing pin.

It just feels like either the firing pin is catching the bottom face of the lock in a weird way, or I can’t push the lock all the way toward some the rear sight to get it to clear the firing pin.

I’m going to try cleaning the frame again and see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
If you push on both at the same time, you'll feel the spot at which the lock clears the firing pin. That's how far the lever in the frame needs to lift the block when the gun is assembled and the trigger is pulled. Forget about protrusion; it's an inertial firing pin. It either works or it doesn't.

M

1 - 4 of 4 Posts