Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had pretty much given up on the PP series for one reason or another, the safety following the hammer when firing among them, on all 4 of the guns I have owned. And I don't like that horrendous beavertail abomination on the new Ft Smith guns at all. I opted instead for the PPS M2, which in my mind, is a fantastic handgun for carry. But there's just something about a nicely made, well kept PP, PPK, or PPK/S that has me lusting for one, yet again. So a guy I know has two Ranger PPK/S Pistols, both are Stainless, in VG condition, and he is willing to sell one. Both are in .380 too. He is asking $500, which I think is about right for it. I'm going to meet him tomorrow at lunch time and dive back into the PPK/S pool. I just enjoy shooting a PP series pistol more than any other I've found. It doesn't bother me that it's "just a .380" in the least bit.

Why oh why would any of us choose such an outdated firearm, say as compared to the SigP365? For the life of me, I can't say, but I just have a thing for them, particularly the PPK/S model.

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Understood, duryj. Some guns are great defensive tools, others are just intriguing and have a history. For now at least, we're not restricted to just one.
BTW, does the yj at the end of your sig signify? There's a long suffering TJ in the barn.
Moon

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Druryj - my last name, Drury, and first intital... J.

Well, I got the PPK/S, a beautiful stainless gun, and it is in like new condition. It was in his shop on consignment, from the widow of a deceased OKCPD Officer. I don't think it's ever been fired. If it was, there is absolutely no evidence of it; not a speck. I ordered up 500 rounds of Fiocchi 95 gr FMJ for it and can't wait to get it to the range.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Great pistol! Got one in blue, about 1983 vintage. FMJ is the way to go, IMO, penetration is good. Got a Ranger in PPK Stainless, equally reliable. I can't say a bad thing about the Ranger PP, but my experience is limited only to the two I own.

Sure would like to see some photos!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great pistol! Got one in blue, about 1983 vintage. FMJ is the way to go, IMO, penetration is good. Got a Ranger in PPK Stainless, equally reliable. I can't say a bad thing about the Ranger PP, but my experience is limited only to the two I own.

I’ll post pics here soon; am out today running errands and taking care of business.

Ordered two more mags and 500 rounds of Fiocchi 95gr FMJ. In my experience, the Fiocchi is an excellent round for these pistols. I’ve never had a problem with Fiocchi 95 gr, it seems a little hotter than most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Thanks, Druryj. My round eye Jeep is a 'TJ', the preceding square eye was a 'YJ'.
Personally like the combination of silver color and traditional beavertail on the Ranger/Interarms guns. Enjoy.
If you ever find a .32, you'll like it even better!
Moon

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Well here you go. I got her to the range and oh man, she was flawless! She ate that Fiocchi 95 gr FMJ and begged for more. I love these guns! They just point so naturally and are as accurate as the person pulling the trigger can make them. I’ve already got some new grips, more magazines, and a couple of holsters on order.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Got a bunch of the Interarms guns. a Blued PPK/S in the 24K serial range,, all the others are stainless in .32, .380. PPK and PPK/s all run well.

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
druryj, one caveat on new grips. Wood grips really dress up the gun, but they are invariably thicker...at least for me, they ruin the 'feel'. YMMV.
Moon

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
druryj, one caveat on new grips. Wood grips really dress up the gun, but they are invariably thicker...at least for me, they ruin the 'feel'. YMMV.
Moon
Yes, at least the Hogues I put on a PPK/S a few years ago were. I found that they also dragged on the gun’s action on the lady side too if I tightened them beyond just snug. I’d like to find a cheap set that I could play around with in terms of fitting them to the pistol.

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Rubber Pachymars always had a bad rep for fouling the parts on Walthers.
Moon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts