Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This summer ( which is nearing its end) I plan on shooting 2,000 Wolf rounds thru one of my P 99s ( the other will remain pristine). I visit the range at least once a week and sometimes twice and easily burn up 200 rounds each time.
I intend on doing this to make myself very familiar with the P 99s trigger, recoil and handling. I know some will be aghast about feeding the pistol steel case; but I will let you know when and if I will have any problems. Why steel case? Because is it is cheap, I can shoot a lot of it without spending time reloading, and I do not have to pick it up ( I am lazy). And I really don't think I will have any problems with it.
What is your goal ( s) for the summer.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I don't have any issue with what someone else does with their pistol as long as it doesn't interfere with safety. I would just advise that it probably wouldn't be the best idea on a defensive pistol.

If anything, I'd like to hear of your experience with it after putting those rounds through it. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
My P99 may not get one round through it this summer. I hope to get my P99c out to the range before fall but that may not happen. It is too dang hot here and we have only one range (outdoors) near me and I'm too busy these days but not too busy to carry.

Happy shooting!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts