Walther Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The part I think is the sear block housing, I know it comes out when you fully take it down.
The part has a pin with a roller attached to it at the bottom where the trigger bar
slides on it.
The plastic housing surrounding it has broken off.............:smt022

Do you think I should send it in to Walther or just order the part by itself?

What would the part number be for that housing?

Here's a pic to better show you guys what it is.........

It is a P99 'AS' model............do you think they will still be able to fix it if I send it in?

I really dont want to send it in, maybe just order the part...........

Here's a pic from another member here I used for reference.............

·
Registered
97 Posts
That appears to be the sear housing unit. Looking at what i have, Walther Germany shows three different part numbers for #32. I do not know the difference, for I do not read German.

I would think however that since you are not an official armorer, that you would need to send it into Walther.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
there is 4 different parts for #32...... two of them are for the 9mm/9x21 and two for the .40S&W ....
I know the ones listed as (kpl) are complete housings that have all the internals already in it too..

http://www.carlwalther.com/docs/ezt_2688450.pdf

to take the complete searhousing out out of the frame you only need to remove the rollpin above the backstrap......
take your indexfinger and lift it up the sear housing at the rear of the frame where the serial # is........while you do this you need to pull the trigger, which will assist you in lifting up the searhousing...
you can take the trigger return spring off the triggerbar by tilting the sear housing foward......

With all this said..... I am not sure if Waltheramerica will sell the part....
when I placed a order for spares the guy told me that he does not like to sell complete striker sets since they are measured (#ed to the action) I am also not sure if this only applies to the QA since I know they are measured or the AS too..... and I didn't care at that point since I wasn't interested in the striker itself anymore since he had all the springs and other stuff for the striker in stock... and my worries were not the striker but the other parts that might get lost while cleaning...

hope this helps.

If I was you... call Waltheramerica and see what they tell you when you are trying to order the part.... make sure you give them the parts description.. since their parts list is not the same than the one used by Earls (his is the German one)........
If all fails call Earl... and I am sure he will sell you the housing by itslef or complete... and also might give you some advise for disassembly and assembly of the part....

·
Registered
358 Posts
Did you get the part shipped or the weapon shipped to SW? They should have given you a transfer number.

From the photo it looks like a crappy piece of plastic. I saw a similar thing happen to a Glock for no apparent reason. The glock was far easier to fix though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts