Walther Forums banner

A P99 Comp. or a SW99 Comp. - What would you have?

• Walther P99 Compact

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smith&Wesson SW99 Compact

• Walther P99 Titanium

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
FYI: The P99 Titanium has a carbon steel slide. The SW99 has the stainless slide (blacked out).

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MLB. Do you know if the SW99 Compact has a Stainless Steel Slide also? I'm trying to get Stainless Steel Because, I like it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
As for the SW 99 slide, it's made out of stainless, but it is finished black.

FYI, stainless is actually not the best matierial for guns. It tends to be a little more malleable than plain ol' carbon steel. The anti rust aspect of stainless steel is a moot point with everyday gun care anyways. Also, even stainless steel can rust given the right circumstances. The stainless they use for many firearms, though I don't know the grade, is modified to make it stronger (which I believe actually inhibits its anti rust properties anyways, though not to the point where it doesn't have any anti rust properties.

That's why you won't see me putting 100,000 rounds through my stainless PPK, just enough to practice and ensure it still functions reliably.

-stunks

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Sure there is. Null vote.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I really like my full size S&W99. I had tried to get the Walther version, but gave up and finally just bought the S&W. PLus, for $437, I couldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I have just purchased a P99 compact and put Big Dot 24/7 sights on it and the thing is just great...with factory sights it is every bit as accurate as my two full size P99's. But the compact is my carry piece so the Big Dots are just fine. Besides I have shot it in USPSA competition and did just as good as I did with my full size....

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Well, U had better luck w/ the big dot sight than I did. I bought a 1911 w/ it and hated it. And, the dove tail was cut so big that I couldn't put in another sight. I finally got rid of the damn thing...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just orderd a P99 compact 9mm AS yesterday(CDNN !!!) Ive had a fullsize P99 9mm AS on backorder for 4 weeks now so the com pact ought to hold me over untill it comes in!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jake Starr @ Nov. 14 2005,14:37)]...with factory sights it is every bit as accurate as my two full size P99's.
+1
I found myself shooting better at close range with the P99c than the full size P99

1 - 12 of 12 Posts