Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this unknown small holster on ebay, and it looked to me like a model 9 holster. Bought it, and it arrived today. I was shocked to see this tiny holster, and thought that it was way too small. But, it fits my Model 9 perfectly. I would guess it's unusual because it's pigskin.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
yaqyuijubel,

Congratulations on acquiring such a nice sleeve/holster for your Model 9. Thin fitted sleeves like yours were made by a variety of makers. These little covers protected both the pistol and the garment when it was carried in a pocket. Your appears to be of the highest quality, indicating that it was probably manufactured by AKAH or GECO. Is there a makers mark or a WALTHER banner visible on the flap under the pip? The pigskin is a real bonus. Usually these sleeves were thin calfskin.

I would be interested to know who installed the pip on the flap. Decorations like this were usually installed by the G.I. who captured or traded for the holster. No way to know...
Thank you for sharing your new treasure. It really enhances the interest and appeal of a little Walther Model 9.

Earl

·
Registered
42 Posts
yaqyuijubel,

Congratulations on acquiring such a nice sleeve/holster for your Model 9. Thin fitted sleeves like yours were made by a variety of makers. These little covers protected both the pistol and the garment when it was carried in a pocket. Your appears to be of the highest quality, indicating that it was probably manufactured by AKAH or GECO. Is there a makers mark or a WALTHER banner visible on the flap under the pip? The pigskin is a real bonus. Usually these sleeves were thin calfskin.

I would be interested to know who installed the pip on the flap. Decorations like this were usually installed by the G.I. who captured or traded for the holster. No way to know...
Thank you for sharing your new treasure. It really enhances the interest and appeal of a little Walther Model 9.

Earl
I'd bet on a capture trophy mount.
I really like this sort of thing.

OP, great find, and great little gun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts