Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew when I chose the PPQ over other modern 9mm handguns that it would be an uphill battle at times, but today was a tough one! I went into a local DFW gunshop to look at suppressors (another disappointment) and found that they carried the B&T line. On the wall behind the counter was the full line-up of the USW and USW chassis kits for Glock and Sig. Having never handled a "live-in-the-flesh" B&T product, I asked to look at one, and was immediately impressed. So, I asked them if they had heard any news on if/when B&T might bring in the Walther PPQ version that was announced last year and available on their Swiss webstore for purchase.

They looked at me like I'd grown another head and stated they hadn't heard of any such thing! I would have put a deposit right then and started the SBR paperwork!
BT-430233_1_original.jpeg USW_PPQ4.JPG

BT-430233_1_original.jpeg

·
Registered
162 Posts
Really hoping this makes its way to the U.S. too. Since the Glock and Sig are here it doesn't seem out of the question that the PPQ version will be available here eventually.

·
Registered
11 Posts
does it mess with the zero if you take it off and on a lot, like if you want this set up for home defense but still want to carry as a pistol?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd say, "technically" yes, because the Red Dot or sights you use stay on the USW housing. However, I'd bet that at pistol distances it isn't going to matter as much like using a rifle and shooting out to several hundred yards where a tiny amount of variation ends up being magnified quite a lot!

I will say though, the the design philosophy of these devices don't appear to be structure fora use-case where the weapon is routinely removed and reinserted a lot. They seem to be designed for "agency" use such as Police, border patrol etc., hence the specifically designed holster. Whereas other adapters such as the Roni line seem to lean more in the remove/reinsert type of use. Just from my rather quick look at it, I'd say that the metal USW is quite a bit more rigid than the polymer ones such as the Roni.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts