Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Submitted for your entertainment and to test the old noodle:

Had a buddy of mine send me these photos of a Manurhin PP that he traded for 10 years ago and wanted to learn what he cold about its history (aside from being a Manurhin). I am only scratching the surface of historical research and PP's in general (my preference is the PPK).

At initial glance I would tell him that it might have been used as a French service weapon of some depertment or another, having been fitted with the lanyard loop, as was popular with the French gov. The piece also has several acceptance markings on it as well. I do not know if the finish is factory original. Until a recent post that I read on hard chroming a Manurhin, I thought that they were all high polished blued factory finishes. His is more of a flat or parkerized finish. What are your thoughts?

Pictures will be uploaded in next post .

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First set of pics

First four pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Second set

Last four photos.

Attachments

Reactions: Vandal320

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mods, I didn't realize that I was still in the FAQ section when I made this post. Please move to general discussion or a let me know if it needs to be deleted and resubmitted. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Century Arms International was the Importer.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That much I got. I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on the finish as well as the acceptance stamps on the grip. It looks like it has an interesting story to tell and he would love to be able to tell it.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Probably made 1962/63. Gun was definitly refinished.

I'm not sure about the inventory marking. My best guess is Landesgendarmeriekommando Innsbruck + inventory number (Austrian police).

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info Martin. I'll start some searches on that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts