Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After calling a few dozen gun shops with no luck, I called S&W to find out where to get a PPS. The rep said less than 100 have been distributed and they are trickling in from Walther at a very slow rate.

So the good news is all of the first editions have not been sold!

Now we just have to wait...

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
I have talked with my dealer for the better part of two weeks, trying to see if he can find me one of the First Editions. He has struck out with all of his suppliers thus far. I saw one advertised on Gunbroker.com last week for $559 (on a buy-it-now special), but it was gone by the time he bid/bit. A couple of them are listed on Gunbroker at $699, which seems, well, high. I'm curious as to how much they have been going for outside of the auction houses. Any insight from those who were lucky enough to grab one?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yeah, that would have been me. I'd say I'm sorry, but I just picked it up at my local FFL today and I'm not sorry in the least. :D
I almost bought that one before you too but I just couldn't get myself to love the frame enough. I checked back later to think again and it was gone hehe :D

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Yeah, that would have been me. I'd say I'm sorry, but I just picked it up at my local FFL today and I'm not sorry in the least. :D
I'd say you were too quick on the trigger for me, but that would stating the obvious, I guess. In a word, rats. But I'm happy that a fellow forum participant got it, at least. Let us all know how it works.

I'm not opposed to the frame, though I know it's a bit ... different. My initial hesitation was in getting a gun that I haven't had a chance to hold. Well, nuts to that. How often do you get any chance to get your hands on a first edition Walther? So I'm still looking, and I'd like to keep it under $600 or thereabouts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I almost bought that one before you too but I just couldn't get myself to love the frame enough. I checked back later to think again and it was gone hehe :D
I think the finish is deeper upon direct view than it appears to be in the photos. As others have commented, it's almost a metallic wood grain up close, but fades to a dark, almost charcoal, gray if you're more than six feet away from it.

To stay somewhat on topic: does anyone know if a separate run of "First Edition" PPSes will head up the release of the .40 S&W variant?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
The rep said less than 100 have been distributed and they are trickling in from Walther at a very slow rate.

I was told that 250 have been exported from Germany to S&W....
Some are still at the mother land though

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got a 40 on order

Got a PPS in 40 caliber on order at my local dealer. Got he price down to $550 :) . Can't wait untill in comes in. This will be my Summer carry gun. My Winter gun is a 40 caliber XD 4" V-10.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts