Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a 9mm P99c mag - new. Came in today - obviously used with rust on the follower. They sell used mags for a little less, but I have seen quite a few people complain about this switcharoo when they order new mags.

I called, but the person who deals with this leaves at pm - so I will call tomorrow... :mad:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've had the same, also. They will correct the "mistake" that is if they have any new ones left to correct it with! So far their used .40's have been quite a bit better than the 9's, guess they got used a bit less. I've been buying all that I can afford, no telling if there will ever be any more used magazines after all those sell. .40 mags for $19 bucks, 9mm for $25 is too good for me to pass up.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never mind - I gotta pay to ship it back. All for 1 mag. They already charged me $9.99 to ship the damn thing to me to begin with.

They offered to refund the part of the money to the used mag price. But if I wanted a used mag, I would have ordered 1 to begin with.

·
Registered
335 Posts
FWIW:

I hate to hear that..

I ordered some P99 & P99c mags from CDNN last year and they were advertised as new, and that's how they came.

Actually I ordered the Walther marked 10rd'ers for my compact, and S&W marked 16rd'ers for my P99 and they were all new..

JPomeroy

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's too bad. I ordered my mags from them the other day after repeated recommendations from folks here. I was VERY impressed with the delivery times. Three days total.

I ordered the demo mags so I guess there was no chance to screw that up.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Normally I'd let this sort of thing go, but...

Ok. This basically amounts to interstate postal fraud.

CDNN can call it a mistake, that's fine - but they need to correct their mistake at no cost to you. You paid for a new mag, and paid for shipping on a new mag. They have charged you and sent you something you did NOT purchase. They should not be demanding you to pay money to send it back.

If they want the used mag back, I'd ship it back C.O.D. only AFTER they sent me the new magazine i'd already paid for.

I know it's only $10-20, but it's the principle of the matter, multiplied by other people saying it has happened to them too.

There are a lot of places that sell gun parts - CDNN would be wise to eat the cost and keep a valued customer, as someone else like Natchezz or Midway is only a phonecall away.

thorn

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree iwth ya - but I have dealt with many places over the years, and quite a few do this to you despite it being their error.

I wrote some more complaints in my letter that I was told to include with the mag, and I sent it back earlier today...

·
Registered
125 Posts
As aggravating as it is, at the price I've been buying these mags for, I just kept mine. Since then, when ordering I insist that the salesman does his job and does not allow another screwup. A working magazine at todays prices are a Godsend compared to what we all went through with Klintoons magazine ban. I won't be caught flat footed again. CDNN SHOULD have either sent you a new magazine, gratis or at the ery least, sent a shipping label so you wouldn't have to eat the shipping.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As aggravating as it is, at the price I've been buying these mags for, I just kept mine. Since then, when ordering I insist that the salesman does his job and does not allow another screwup. A working magazine at todays prices are a Godsend compared to what we all went through with Klintoons magazine ban. I won't be caught flat footed again. CDNN SHOULD have either sent you a new magazine, gratis or at the ery least, sent a shipping label so you wouldn't have to eat the shipping.

Well, when I get it back in my hands again, I plan to call and complain to a supervisor - for a refund of my shipping costs...

·
Registered
910 Posts
Maybe it's just me but I was not particularly impressed with CDNN the two times I dealt with them. When I had a problem with a Steyr magazine I ordered from them, I found the guy on the phone rather indifferent. When I was in the market for a Steyr M9A1, I had the option of ordering from CDNN for $350 or Davidson's for $400, the latter offering a lifeime Davidson's guarantee on top of Steyr's warranty. I went with Davidson's as I was impressed with the communication and it just felt "right." I would continue to buy from CDNN only if the price is second to none and it's something I can't get from my regular suppliers, Top Gun Supply being one of my favorite online retailers.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, Top Gun is great. So is Midway USA and CMMG.

I got mags from CDNN before and had no problem, however.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Yes, Top Gun is great. So is Midway USA and CMMG.

I got mags from CDNN before and had no problem, however.
I wish I had stock in Midway. We're on a first name basis. :D Ditto for Brownells.

·
Registered
435 Posts
It's too bad Top Gun Supply doesn't have Walther P99 mags. I've just started looking and they are pretty darn pricey! I'm thinking of using it in a USPSA match. Hoping I only need three total.

·
Registered
22 Posts
CDNN took a big his when Citi group/First data said that they were seizing all the funds from CDNN because the were selling guns in a Non fact-to-face transaction, which is NOT illegal. Citi will not even let you buy non gun related items from CDNN. That SUCKS.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is ridiculous... I still never received it - they claimed they sent me a new one. So, I called back this morning. Talked to the SAME guy again. Turns out they gave me a refund.

I reminded him that about 2 weeks ago - he told me the date one was sent out (the right one this time) - not that a refund was issued. So, I've been waiting on it all this time... And it isn't even coming...

He checked, and they still have some in stock.

NOW he says they will ship me one out.

I'll tell ya that they really suck now... Damn....

·
Registered
923 Posts
This pisses me off. I've had good dealings with CDNN, but when I hear this kind of thing it really pisses me off. Shipwreck, and anyone else, if a mistake is make they should make you 100% whole. They should either send you a shipping label for the return, or if you don't want to wait they should issue you a refund for your return shipping costs or a store credit, at your option. And, they should darn well be making it up to you more if they can, like throwing in a freebie or refunding your initial shipping fee.

Getting customers is one thing, but keeping them is paramount.

Q

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
No, plastic. But it still had brown, rust spots on the polymer follower...
:confused:

Plastic does not rust. I have seen preservatives that were reddish "rust" colored, are you sure this magazie didn't just need a cleaning???

1 - 20 of 28 Posts