Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a list of all pistols and revolvers issued to U.S. law enforcement agencies. Does anyone have any direction? Thanks in advance!

Premium Member
I've never seen such a list. I imagine it would be constantly changing.

Milwaukee Police Department uses the S&W M&P40
Milwaukee County Sheriff Dept. and Corrections Dept. use the Glock 22 Gen4

I'm not sure what holsters they currently use.

Registered
I am guessing that ATF would be the best (most reliable) source for that sort of listing. But such a list would not be all-inclusive since, believe or not, some agencies allow their officers to carry whatever they choose so long its within approved caliber ranges. Crazy, right?

Registered
So, I checked out Sarge's list, and found lots of Glocks. Serious question; is all the LEO love tied to relatively low cost, reliability, no safety, and/or something else?

Premium Member
Gaston figured it out a long time ago. When he began thinking about marketing his 'new' plastic pistol, he asked himself 'would I rather have 1% of 10 million or 25% of 100 thousand'. The answer was simple, sell pistols so cheap, no other firearms manufacture can compete. Sell at or below cost....making every LE agency an offer they can't refuse. Name recognition and cheap pricing. The rest is history.

Registered
And, of course, knowing if you can first convince the police to carry your guns that is an automatic seal of approval and the necessary credibility for the civilian market to naturally fall in line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts