Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I feel your pain (and my own) at having the slickest, flattest, neatest high tech German pistol around and nothing to carry the damned thing better than Uncle Mike's generic sandwich field holster, I thought I'd post some photos and impressions of the holster David S mentioned below: the High Noon Split Decision for the Walther P99 Compact:

Yes, it is a pretty good fit for the PPS as you can see. It certainly isn't any Milt Sparks, but will probably do for now. The problem is the clip, which is the cheapest looking part on the holster and has some extremely sharp edges.

The fact the clip is a universal fit means you have to have a rather wide belt or it will tilt back and forth. It is probably eating up my nice Milt Sparks belt right now as we speak.

But, as good old Mr. Cheney says, you have to go to war with what you've got. Having wasted probably $100 on various inappropriate holsters for this pistol, I thought I'd expand on David S' initial discovery. Yes, it fits, yes, it will protect that triggerguard, yes, it is not uncomfortable and yes, the pistol doesn't stick out the end of the Split Decision. It sure would be nice to have something of real quality since the PPS screams for a Watch Six holster or similar thin design, but I guess we'll have to limp along with something like this for a while.

Gentlemen, for $35.00, I think this is the best thing going. So far.

Edited to add the link to High Noon: http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Split_Decision/split_decision.html

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
G: Nice job on this. The photos (good photos, by the way) really help in making a decision about whether to jump in and buy one or wait for the next best thing to come around. In this case, as you point out, it's not all bad and better than a generic brand from any manufacturer. I'm inclined to hold on at the moment ... but I'm always waiting for the next best thing to come along anyway. :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
... but I'm always waiting for the next best thing to come along anyway. :)
I don't blame you a bit for holding off and waiting for a better holster. I would too, if I had any assurance that there would be something better any time soon. I have called a lot of holster manufacturers, and they either don't know what I am talking about when I mention the PPS, or they say "oh, yeah..." and tell me they have no plans to make a holster for the pistol.

I guess like the wait for the pistol, finding a proper quality holster is another game for the patient. Damnit.

·
Registered
382 Posts
well, i didnt consider the split decison a loss, since it was ordered for my P99c.... which is what its made for......... and i discovered it also sorta fit the PPS...

eh....so far i think theres only ONE company actually purposfully making a holster for the PPS

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had bought a DiSantis Cozy Partner IWB model 028 E1 for my Glock 26 and it fits the PPS to a tee. See http://www.desantisholster.com/028.html. The PPS is not listed in the holster selection but check it out. It works very well. Also, their inside the pocket holsters for the Glock 26 also work for the PPS

Bill, KX1A

·
Registered
13 Posts
BTW, the prices listed are much higher than the ones I paid or saw in the local shops. I think I paid $47 for the leather 028

Bill
KX1A

1 - 6 of 6 Posts