1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
7,468 Posts
Wow, neat. Presume that got in with a PD letterhead?
Curious how high it will go.
Moon

Reactions: pilkguns

·
Registered
10,374 Posts
Six days to go....it has reached a plateau with those interested waiting until day six I expect. If you want a so called new in box...this appears to be one. 1917

·
Registered
140 Posts
The price of this pistol is somewhat "incomprehensible" to a non-American, even if it is the pistol of a deceased American personality.
Coincidentally, I just found a TPH on Egun in Germany that is identical in condition, caliber and accessories and almost identical in age.
Original link in German
The auction of the TPH on Egun is still running for 11 days, but if you compare the current prices:
€ 101 to $ 2175, well ...

P.S. There is a mistake in the seller's description of the TPH on Egun. The year of manufacture is 1973 and not 1983, as you can see from the proof mark.
P.P.S. This reply is not meant as a criticism but as a factual statement.

·
Registered
10,374 Posts
And, I was recently contacted via PM at RimFireCentral by a guy in Istanbul regarding questions on which P22 to purchase. None of them I said when I learned the least expensive was $3,300 US, not Lira. No parts available, no service and none had been imported since 2014. Crazy... 1917

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The auction of the TPH on Egun is still running for 11 days, but if you compare the current prices:
€ 101 to $ 2175, well ...
I've bought lots of TPH and PPK s on egun, for less than 100 Euros, strip them for the legal parts, the slide, magazines and internals and cry about the destruction of the frames and barrels.

typical prices for a German made TPH in similar condition on Gunbroker sell inthe 12-1400 range. American made TPHs are in the 5-7 range.

the difference between German and American TPH prices is because of the 1968 Gun Control Act, * which banned the import of pistols based on size among other factors, and the TPH was barely a few months on the market before being banned.

*coincendently enough model after the 1938 Nazi Weapons Law

Reactions: XRing
1 - 7 of 7 Posts