Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,
I found the gun that I post pictures of on a specialized website.
I think it was once a model 4 and comes from a part of Italy where the ww 1 was fought.
It strikes me the total absence of writings and proof mark except the serial number.
Is it because the gun was so heavily brushed that all the writing disappeared?
Does anyone have any ideas?
Unfortunately the seller only provided these photos.
Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Greetings
Carlo

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Revolver

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory
Brown Wood Eyewear Tints and shades Eye glass accessory

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hello and this is most definitely a Model 4. Judging by the slide grip machining and S/N fourth variant towards the end of production. Left side of slide marked (in lower case italic) “Walther’s Patent Cal. 7,65” on one line above the Walther banner and right side of slide marked (in lower case italic) “Waffenfabrik Walther Zella-Mehlis (Thür.)” on one line. Finish should be a blued high polish. See attached my Mod 4, an early 4th variant (251362).

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nick
Thank you for the answer.
So it’s a Model 4, what do you think of the lack of legend? Hard refinishing that erased everything?
They ask for 100€ (88£) you could buy just for the magazine and grips. Too bad it is far from home.
Greetings Carlo

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey no problem! From what I can see in the pictures (am unable to view separately or zoom into the finer detail) it looks, to me, like it has been surface linished wiping off the engraved details and maybe also the peaks of the slide machined grips? Shame but then it's a cheap gun and very simple to maintain. What is the bore like?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good morning
Thank you for the indication.
I just started collecting handguns but I have a decent collection of rifles (I am hunter).
For handguns I would like to look more for quality than number, so this is not for me.
I don’t usually attend shooting range.
Greetings
Carlo

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Steve,
I am from Rome but for many years I have been living in Tuscany, about 3 hours driving from Parma.
In Parma if you have never been you have to go, in Italy it is considered one of the places where you live best.
Now with the strong dollar you should go,
Greetings Carlo.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Good morning
Thank you for the indication.
I just started collecting handguns but I have a decent collection of rifles (I am hunter).
For handguns I would like to look more for quality than number, so this is not for me.
I don’t usually attend shooting range.
Greetings
Carlo
A great place to buy good and interesting firearms is the auction house in Germany, Hermann Historica. Am however unsure of the export regulations within the EU though back to here (UK) it's a nightmare - but worth the wait... So where in Italy would you be able to use your handguns if not at a range? Again here, in the UK, handguns are highly regulated more so than rifles / long guns.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good evening,
The import of weapons in Italy for a private person is not easy, it is better to rely on specialized operators.
But they have costs and therefore it is convenient only for objects of a certain value and difficult to find in Italy, I do not think it changes much between pistols and rifles.
In our country you can shoot only at licensed shooting ranges but relatively easily.
Until about twenty years ago I regularly went hunting in the UK and had my own fire arm certificate.
But I am told that since then the situation has worsened in particular for handguns.
In the end here is not bad in the end is perhaps more complicated the management of the cartridges than the possession transport of the Weapon.
Greetings
Carlo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts