Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I thought I'd share a few of my favorites. The model 9 is the smallest mouse I have, very cool... I have several 6.35's. My first Vest Pocket pistol was a LaFrancais type policeman and I was addicted, one day soon I'll post pics of the others but I need a better camera or better technique perhaps. I purchased the Manurhin from Simpson a few years ago and was VERY fortunate to spot one with a serial number in the low 400's. It is not marked MADE IN FRANCE, unfortunately the pinky ext. mag is. I have two with metal base plates that aren't though, I may swap the bases one day, who knows...

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Charlie66,

Thanks for posting these two handsome pistols. I would love to see some more detailed pictures of your Walther Model 9.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Nice guns.

I use Simpson LTD as my importer, chose them for their discreet marking, NONE better.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
...I purchased the Manurhin from Simpson a few years ago and was VERY fortunate to spot one with a serial number in the low 400's. It is not marked MADE IN FRANCE, unfortunately the pinky ext. mag is. I have two with metal base plates that aren't though, I may swap the bases one day, who knows...
Production started w. SN 10001 (Manurhin marked). First Walther/Ulm was 10003 (ref. to. Dieter Marschall; Ulm factory archive). Imo Manurhin needed some serious time till they had a running production. Member MGMike offered a SN-sheet some years ago that would date your gun in 1952. I'm sceptical.

Interesting detail: The mag marked Made in France was made by Walther in Ulm/Germany.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Production started w. SN 10001 (Manurhin marked). First Walther/Ulm was 10003 (ref. to. Dieter Marschall; Ulm factory archive). Imo Manurhin needed some serious time till they had a running production. Member MGMike offered a SN-sheet some years ago that would date your gun in 1952. I'm sceptical.

Interesting deail: The mag marked Made in France was made by Walther in Ulm/Germany.

That appears to be an image of the magwell (frame surface), not the mag.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is all my 6.35s, and a few pics of the a few Mod 9. These are taken with my phone so they're about as detailed as it gets... The finish is better than what the pics, a little edge wear but zero pitting...

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for responding, I've no doubt that MG Mike's list was the list I saw or a repost of said list. Do you know where he got his information? Thanks

·
Registered
3,379 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Charlie66.

Thanks for posting pictures of your very handsome Walther Model 9a pistol. Serial number 626555 is a good example of a standard production Type II manufactured in the very early 1930s. You are fortunate to have a Model 9a which retains the deep blue finish and nice, non-warped grips.

Earl

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for your comments, it has some slight edge wear and the right grip panel has scratch in the W but it is otherwise in excellent condition. I put a couple magazines through it for function check and it worked flawlessly. I cleaned it, oiled it and put it away. Thanks again and good luck...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts