Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I wanted to ask everyone if they know about the possibility of converting a P22 to 9mm. I ran through this website, it is in german so I don´t understand it, but seem s to suggest that there is a chance of converting a P22 to 9mm which I think would be great. The website is the following:

http://www.muzzle.de/N4/Schreckschuss/Walther_P22/walther_p22.html

As you can see, the slide clearly says cal 9mm. P.A.K., so if somebody knows what this is all about I will appreciate it. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
stdrtf13
you are correct... the PAK is a blank round only... the gun is not able to shoot live rounds....
it's a way for Germans to own a firearm without a gunpermitt... which is not easy to get in Germany........

also some of them have muzzle attachments in which you can insert fireworks.....my dad has 2 of them back in Germany...

they use them on newyears to shoot fireworks and make a lot of noise.....they way this works... the fireworks look like short flair sticks... you put them into the attachment (like the on in the above pic) then the preasure of the blank shoots and ignites the "firework"
I am not sure that there is such a thing as a .22lr blank round... so that might be the reason for the 9mmPAK....
I don't think it's possible to convert a P22 to a 9mm Para.... the slide is too weak and by the time you get a hole in the front of the slide for the 9mm barrel to come out there is no front end of the slide anymore.......

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Yes, no way for a P22 to shoot a regular 9mm round. Sorry... Gun couldn't handle it - Think it has a zinc slide too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We learn everyday something new, thank you all for your replies. I supposed it was strange since the small frame seems too little for a 9mm barrel, so thank you for all your answers.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Now what I'd be interested in is a conversion to .22 for my P99. THAT would be cool!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I could swear that if you look around enough on German websites... there is a conversion for it someplace over there.....or will be sooner or later
I have seen conversions to .22lr that were made for Walthers.... besides the obious trainers for the P38... I have seen also a conversion for the P5...
I can't remeber anymore what website it was .... but there is a place in germany that does this... I will look again for it....

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I thought that they were the ones making one for the P5...but I could be wrong...all I know is there was a company in Germany that did make a conversion for the P5 in .22lr

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. I wanted to ask everyone if they know about the possibility of converting a P22 to 9mm. I ran through this website, it is in german so I don´t understand it, but seem s to suggest that there is a chance of converting a P22 to 9mm which I think would be great. The website is the following:

Walther P22

As you can see, the slide clearly says cal 9mm. P.A.K., so if somebody knows what this is all about I will appreciate it. Thank you.
A .380 acp round fits just as well if the barrelbock is removed! Because the PAK rounds are based on the .380 auto.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts