Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that Bar-sto and Jarvis make 9mm conversion barrels for the P99 .40. Is one any better than the other? Are there any other brands I should look at? Am I correct, Bar-sto makes an extended barrel too?

Also, does anyone here have one they'd like to part with?

TIA,
DA

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Bar-sto makes great stuff, but I'm not a big fan of conversion barrels (or .22 caliber conversion kits for that matter).  The barrel and slide of any gun are going to wear into each other like any set of moving parts.  While you can pop a different barrel into the gun and it will work, over time you will shorten the life of the gun.  The slide would have to work against a new surface altering itself and that new surface and then "BAM" (apologies Emeril) you put the original one back and now the slide is going to wear irregularly against the original barrel...  The cycle will continue until you stop converting from one caliber to another and back again.

If memory serves, the barrels are about $200.  YMMV, but I think you'd be better off putting that towards a new gun in 9mm if you want a pistol in 9mm.  

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hqy Dan if your looking for a new shooter check out the S&W99s. I seen them today for $299. In Box brand new. For that kinda money I would get me one if i was thinking about a pistol at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts