Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The S&W990L is slightly different than the P99QA - there is no decocker button period. Does anyone know the weight pull on the 990L? I have tried to find it online but had no luck.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
March 2006 Combat Handgun has a article on then S&W 990L with Range report...Also on the H&k P2000SK V.3 (DA/SA with decocker)....
neither mention any trigger pull weight........
The S&W 990L looks nice without the decocker... though I have not  found out (no mention in the article about this) yet if it is like on the QA that if the primer doesn't go off you have to handslide or not....just says it has no mag disconnect safty... meaning you can pull the trigger without the mag in the gun....
sorry I can't be of much more help on the triggerweight...
I got another magazine with a report on the H&P.... so when time allows me I let you all know on that

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Testfire magazine.. no month or year on cover,,,,part of Guns and Ammo line

by Frank W. James
"The resistance of the trigger scaled between 9.5 and 10 pounds on my trigger-pull scale."

"The big difference with the Smith & Wesson Model 990L is that it features a partially cocked striker that is more than halfway "cocked." The exact percentage remains in doubt, but the S&W factory representatives with whom I spoke agree that the striker on the 990L is more than half way back."
above was in refference to the S&W99 model

"The Smith & Wesson  people felt the striker moves a total distance of approximatly 1/8 inch. I feel that measurement is overly generous and belive it is shorter."

"The trigger moves approximately one-half inch in its total travel and then resets after approximately .314 inch of forward movement."

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Now that it is late ... my own 0.02$
I say if it has to be a S&W instead of a Walther or H&K....read up on the Smith& Wesson  M&P..... comes in 9mm, .40cal and .357sig
trigger pull 6.5 pounds, 4.5 inch barrel, 34.5 ounces
70% precocked striker.......no external safty though it has a action lock... (think this locks the trigger and mag)

Looks like a great gun to me...... but then again I have not gotten a price on one of those.... so hard to say.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, from what uncut is saying, it sounds like it is still like the QA, or maybe even heavier. Oh well... Gotta pass....

Damn, I want a full size A/S
- I might be able to get a SW99, but I already have a full size one. Even though the Walther A/S is essentially the same gun, it is still a little different. I don't want 2 of the EXACT same gun.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
this one is in TX

Shipwreck there you go.... check it out...call maybe you can go look at it

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What sucks is that it looks like the box and extra sights are not included, and despite the 99% claim, there looks to be wear on the slide to me.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Ummmm I keep my eyes open ...... I know you once posted you woudl like a OD green in 9mm and you wanna be able to look at it in person...... soooooo

unless you wanna trade your P99c for the 9mm I have though its all black and buy yourself another Compact from CDNN.... ok bad joke due to your hardchrome job... but damn I want another Compact and can't afford it.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha, no, I don't wanna trade. I went thru a lot to get my current compact. Actually, they ordered 2 S&W compacts, because that was all he could get - each had rust on the slide - he then found the Walther finally, and ordered that.

If that acution doesn't sell, I will go look at it on Sat. No way I can go before then, and I won't buy it w/o seeing it. Too bad I hadn't noticed that on my own this past Sat.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Hi good luck....and as of you not noticing....that's what the boards are all about.... I will keep my eyes open.... I know a few local Gunstores here in UT that still have some AS left in 9mm and also you may wanna try Sportsman warehouse.... they always seam to have a nice collection.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is a Sportsman Warehouse in N Dallas - When I go there in 2 months for business, I'll give em a call and see what they got.

Houston is much closer, but they have no stores there, unfortunately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts