Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see several .380 PPK/Ss listed here http://www.impactguns.com/store/waltherppk.html with 8 round magazines, but they have no Magazines only listed for sale. Anyone know where I might find a couple, preferably in stainless, or do you think that these are typos, and intended to read .32? Walther USA doesn't list them, so maybe that's my answer?
Thanks in advance for your help, Sparks

·
Registered
8 Posts
There's someone on ebay selling ten round mags for the PPK or PPK/S.
Do not know anything about these or heard anything about them, but it looks interesting as a backup mag for CCW.

Do a search on ebay for PPK magazines.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
As a general proposition (to which there may be limited exceptions) aftermarket magazines are to be avoided. They are RARELY made to the same materials, dimensions and manufacturing processes as a factory original, and there IS a difference in both reliability and durability. If a factory magazine is available, albeit with lesser capacity, it is to be preferred, especially if it is to be used for CCW.

One exception, particularly with respect to Walther handguns, is MEC-GAR in Italy, which is the OEM of many Walther (and other make) magazines.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just bought 2 of the 10 rounders from the guy on eBay (.380 for the PPK/S). I'll report back once I've received & fired them. I'm skeptical, but the price was right! Summer on eBay is SUCH a buyer's market.....lol

·
Registered
435 Posts
While I don't have any aftermarket magazine experience with PPKs, I have heard again and again to use only real Walther brand magazines in PPKs, PPK/S's. Other brands are not considered reliable. I've heard this enough that I don't think I'd buy any other brand but Walther.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear ya', but at $30 for the pair, and a dream of 10 rounds per, I just had to try. I'll report back....

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I think you didn't get hurt since these are going to be range mags anyway...
I doubt you will be putten it in a holster with that mag in it...:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts