Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I snagged a NIB 75th Anniversary Walther PPK (blued, chambered in .380 Auto, and made by Smith & Wesson) last month for a mere $500. It is #1382 of 1500 made. I took photos of it this past Sunday, showing some details of the engraving and gold lettering:

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Another steal.... great Buy...
and a nice looking PPK ... much nicer than some other S&W PPK's
are you going to shoot it ??

·
Registered
69 Posts
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Looking at your photo, I must say you look like "DATA," or
Brent Spiner!

Good job finding the PPK/S for that price!

I hope it shoots well for you. My PPK/S-1 took over 800 rounds
before it settled down and became reliable enough for me to
carry it on a daily basis. However, mine is in stainless steel.
Your blued gun shouldn't take that many rounds to break in.
Enjoy!

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGP Desktop 9.5.1 (Build 1557)

wj8DBQFFguzBdUtGSBL0ypURAgBOAJ4tiGjhBnZnpk4rBt/JL4QfQVxWJgCgzaDp
OQjvektzMqRKxl3YGqgFYe8=
=DYcD
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Very nice photography Ken. You really captured the detail in the engraving. I really like the wood grips. Looks nice with the bluing.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
It sure looks like as the craftsmanship on the S&W is not as good as on the German made ones....
On the last pic, look at the mag release button.....non the less it is such a good looking PPK

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
nice looking pistol. I just do not think that they should be labeled as an anniversary model, since Walther discontinued production of the PP/PPK in 1999.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Lunde,

Did I read that correctly? Is that a PPK/S as opposed to the PPK? My wife wants a PPK/S. She really likes the 75th Anniversary edition but I was thinking it was made only in the standard capacity. Thank you for any clarification on how many might have been made.:cool:

Happy New Year all,

Russell

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Thank you lunde,

OM44 wrote:
'Good job finding the PPK/S for that price!'

This is what threw me.:confused:

Anyway, my dear one will surly be pleased with a new stainless PPK/S when the time comes.;)

For myself, a WWII PP would be perfect.:D

Russell

·
Registered
24 Posts
I must admit I just traded my 75th, Av, PPK 380 the day before yesterday for a Kimber. Not because it was a bad gun but because the ammo is nowhere to be found and the S+W recall included the 75th, PPK's and I didn't want to go through the hassel. So today I saw it out there for $625.00 with only 45 rounds put through it.:D
Al

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Very nice pistol! I was looking for a 75 Ann. of the PP myself.

Speaking of that pistol, anyone know where I could get s set of that pistols engraved grips done in the oak leaf clusters? Those would be awsome on my PP!!

ANyone know, PLEASE POST OR EM me!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Check the Sticky notice in the P99 sub-section, Great Sites for Walther Lovers, and you'll find a number of sites listed for grip-makers. If you take your time and sort through them carefully, you'll doubtless find a grip that catches your eye at a decent price.

Here's just a starter for you:

http://www.grips4u.net/index.php?cPath=31_85

Happy hunting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts