Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I am a new member, and purchased my CCP in November 2015. I am asking for suggestions on how to proceed (with some sporadic venting).

In January 2016, my slide got jammed, with no possibility of it releasing without sending it back to Walther for repair. As the title of this thread reads, the Walther Repair Department has had my firearm for 7 weeks now, with no clear ideas of when it will be repaired. I've been calling them every week, and they've been telling me the same story that the stainless steel slides are backordered.

This is extremely disheartening because I thought "Walther Arms" was more reputable than this. I did not expect my firearm to malfunction only after 2 months, nor did I expect their service to be so slow and unreliable as their CCP.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, any ideas on how to remedy it? I feel so helpless right now because I am at their mercy.

I was actually about to purchase the PPQ 9mm for a secondary, but now seeing how Walther really is... I have to go back to the range and test and re-test more weapons.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and also for letting me vent! It's been truly an eye-opening experience...

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Not good. Somebody, somewhere up the food chain, should resolve this, likely with a new pistol. Note the bottom line of what follows:

Walther Arms Inc.
7700 Chad Colley Blvd.
Fort Smith, AR 72916
(479) 242-8500
[email protected]

Glen Seiter is head of Walther customer service.

·
Premium Member
3,431 Posts
Out of stock sounds like the beginning of a recurring there at Umarex. The first was striker springs for a recent issue involving a badly damaged spring on a new pistol and now it's slides. Sounds like cost control by restricting inventory or just poor inventory management.....both leading to poor customer service. Wonder if Umarex is really concerned?

·
Registered
516 Posts
OP, I share your frustration. That can be a real bummer and it can certainly change your perception of a brand.

In my own experience, I have been waiting on parts from Benelli since December. I'm getting the same, "out of stock" explanation. Not much to be done but wait.

Hopefully Walther will just replace your CCP.

·
Registered
516 Posts
You want to know what's really frustrating? The parts I'm waiting on are available at MGW and Brownells.

Since I'm cheap and the Benelli is still under warranty, I'll continue to wait for them to come through for me.

FWIW, they have been a pleasure to deal with. (Aside from keeping my gun for five weeks, sending it back un-repaired and not having the parts that it quite obviously needs.)

Sorry for the rant and derail, OP.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OP, I share your frustration. That can be a real bummer and it can certainly change your perception of a brand.

In my own experience, I have been waiting on parts from Benelli since December. I'm getting the same, "out of stock" explanation. Not much to be done but wait.

Hopefully Walther will just replace your CCP.
Yeah, it's irritating when you're caught in situations that you've got no control over. I've been very patient through this because getting belligerent and rude has never solved any issues.

Do you think I can really ask them for a new CCP?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
but who is Umarex? Thanks!
Umarex is an Airsoft Company that bought Walther. From what I understand, Umarex should leave the making of firearms to the professionals aka Walther, and stick to making airsoft guns. The PPQ, P99, PPS, & PPX are all built by Walther in Ulm Germany. They will have the Antler proof. The Umarex pistols are the CCP, P22, PK380, and the PPK/S.22. They are built in Arnsburg Germany and are not proofed. I have probably left out a lot of information.

I really wanted a CCP, but with all of the negative feedback and problems, I will probably get one in a couple of years, instead I will probably get a P99C. Now that is a pistol that is always being praised for rugged dependability and reliability.

·
Registered
93 Posts
According to earls repair only the G22 and SP22 are made by umarex. He also said he only sells guns made by walther so if he sells them it's a walther. And he sells the CCP PK380 and the P22. He also sells a PPK/S 22 but for $1595 I'm sure it's the original one

·
Premium Member
3,431 Posts
My understanding based upon input from forum members schooled in Walther history the P22, PK380 as well as the CCP are produced in Arnsberg. That is the home base for Umarex manufacturing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had to wait 6 months for a spring for my P22, the gun Smith told me that Germany only ships twice a year, that was 2008, not sure if they still do that, or if he was telling the truth, but I was pretty upset when I finally got my P22 back.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
I contacted Glenn today regarding this and that and while I was at it thanked him for taking care of a Member here who was having issues with his CCP. The Member received a 40K serial number pistol to replace his 1K sn pistol. Told him how well that was received here. I think the shortage of big hammers is slowing down repair of stuck slides. M1911

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts