Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of receiving my CHL license in the state of Texas and am looking for an outside waist band (belt) holster for my new full size .40 caliber P99 AS. I've done a thorough search of this site and others and have settled on a black or dark stamped leather pancake-style design for my every day carry. My main concerns with the choice I make will be comfort, safety, slide wear and turn around time. Here is a list of the holsters that I have found via this site and others that I believe would be a good fit for my weapon and I:

LINK - Haugen Body Guard
LINK - Tucker Pancake
LINK - Milt Sparks I-BAK
LINK - UBG Bonneville
LINK - High Noon Slide Guard
LINK - Sesanti Speedscabbard

I would appreciate any and all feedback on these products or even links to similar products. As stated, I am pretty much set on a stamped leather pancake design and am looking for something that will have at most six weeks turnaround time... which pretty much eliminates the Tucker and Milt Sparks choices. At this point I believe the UGB Bonneville is my front runner but I'm still open for suggestions and opinions. I'd like to make my purchase within the next week which should give me about two months turnaround time before the plastic lands in my hand from the Texas DPS.

Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the same gun and am looking for the same holster design. I was actually leaning towards Bulman Gunleather. Their FBS might be worth considering. Please post an update when you decide. It will probably be several weeks before I even order one, so I can't help you too much.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at the Bulman but their wait time is 16-18 weeks... which is way too long for me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I carried my SW99 for the first time today. I've been carrying a PPK. I used a Bianchi 7/7L which is meant for the P99 but fits my SW99 perfectly. It was quite comfortable. Admittedly, I have no experience with any other holsters but this one worked great for me. I'm only 5-8 and 150 pounds so this is a pretty big gun to conceal. It did ok at a number of stores, the mall, a nice restaurant etc.

·
Registered
328 Posts
While not leather, I use a Safariland Paddle holster with ALS system.
It is surprisingly concealable (on me).

It is also very well made and draws easily.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've got the dropped front Basic. Great holster, rides high and close.

I also added the bodyguard flap as an option.

-stunks
I actually ordered the Dropped Front Basic in black shortly after my reply above, thanks for the input on Fist. I'm glad to hear that the one I ordered rides high, that is one thing I was really wanting and the main reason I had been looking at UBG's holster... I would have gone with him but his turnaround time may have been a tad longer then I wanted. I'll post some impressions and feedback upon the holster's arrival.

Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts