Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the city of Seattle, and bought my first striker pistol, a ppq m2 40 caliber. Please recommend HIGH QUALITY, jhp ammunition, and I think a box of 50 is all I need. Many thanks, Sleepless in Seattle

·
Premium Member
13,621 Posts
Ammo supplies have been drying up since the arrival of COVID-19. At this point, I'd say just pick up any hollowpoint that you can find in stock. I've purchased from sgammo.com for years....here's a link to the 40 caliber page. 40 Cal Pistol Ammunition | SGAmmo.com You'll notice that many show a 'stock on hand' of 'zero'. Grab some while you can.....and I'd suggest way more than a box of 50. If you're gonna stick with one box check your local gun or sporting goods stores.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Sadly, we have no police, the Chief is a clown, and a box is about all an old guy like me will hold out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Maritime. Almost everyone on here has more to offer than me. But I would like to say you need to test the firearm if at all possible. At least 1.5 mags to make sure everything works and the mag change works like it should. Plus keep 2 mags full. One in the gun and one as the backup. I would not get any less than 100 rounds, but I’m not in your situation, so it is just my opinion. Also, The PPQ has a light / sensitive trigger, so you need to get some experience with how that feels also. It is a great weapon / personal protection gun, but you need to be familiar with it. Watch some YouTube videos.
I use hornady critical defense or critical duty, but you will need to buy what you can find.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, and yes, I’ll get around to it. We have a lesbian kook for a mayor, a pretend police chief making $270,000 a year, and a city council that can’t find its butt in a bathtub with a roadmap And a handful of fishhooks. Me? I’m just making my plans to leave when practical.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Hornady critical defense +1. Federal Guard Dog nice, too. I have become a fan of those filled hollow points. Forces them to open up and expand as designed as soon as it meets barriers or resistance. Unlike standard hollow points that can fill up with material and fail to blossom. Mind you, I have not tested that extensively of open hollow points, but I HAVE seen what those Hornady or Federal pills can do. Lehigh Defense also cranks out some of those Frangible rounds that just turn to powder after they have delivered the terminal force, but don't over penetrate.

I know what you mean about sacks of skin for political leaders. I live in PA, eastern end just north of Filthadelphia, and our "Governor", Herr Comrade Commie Tommie thinks he is God, dictating who can do what and where, and these damn masks!!!! This goon wants to go back to restrictive phases because of a bunch of new cases, NO NEW DEATHS OR HOSPITALIZATIONS!!! But just people panicking and getting tested and finding out that they might have symptoms. Even though it is essentially the flu and the Coronavirus can come up on common cold tests. It is a circus here, too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, again, to all who answered. I wound up with some of those most often recommended, and two more Walther clips. Our $270,000 a year police chief has just announced that this weekend’s “protestors” need only worry about homicides, as no property crimes will be enforced. It should be an amazing weekend. Welcome to the newest banana republic.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I am not sure about the laws in your state or city concerning ammo shipments to your residence, but this is where i always start my search for ammo purchases:

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Thanks, again, to all who answered. I wound up with some of those most often recommended, and two more Walther clips. Our $270,000 a year police chief has just announced that this weekend’s “protestors” need only worry about homicides, as no property crimes will be enforced. It should be an amazing weekend. Welcome to the newest banana republic.
Where is this at?

Hopefully those "protesters" show up at the police chief's house.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sadly, it has gone to crap over the last five years. I’m now just an old man screaming at the tv. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts