Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got to go to the range with the new striker spring in my 9mm QA. I'm VERY happy with it. Pull is about 2/3 of stock. No failures to fire. I poped 150 rounds of my range ammo, CCI Blazer 115 grain FMJ. I also poped 20 rounds of my carry stuff, Federal Hydra-Shock 126 grain, just to be sure. No failures to fire. Comparing them I'm a bit suprised, having shot a couple back to back. Almost can't feel a difference at all. I did have a couple of failures to feed with a new Best Mag 14 round magazine but it'll make an ok range mag, my 15 round Walther mag had no problems except on a reload at one point where I must have slapped it in to hard or something and the round stood upright past the lips. I'll probably stick with the 10 rounder for a second carry mag only, just to be sure I can't slam the mag to hard in a bad situation.

·
Registered
95 Posts
When I get my 2005 P99 QA, I will probably be doing the same thing to the trigger. I would much rather have a 5 or 6 pound trigger as opposed to the stock 8 or 9 pounds, especially for target shooting. I'm glad to hear that it worked out well.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Toeball,
As long as your testing is just for just for pleasure shooting.......OK

But if you carry that weapon for CCW or protection.........150 Rds of test firing is not near enough.....this being my opinion only ( from what I have learned form experts ).

While working to get my extend ported barrel shooting reliably-- I was well on my way to completing the 500 rd test that some experts advise--- and just after the 400th rd the gun jams. This was the same "kind" of jam I was trying work out of the gun! So I know I still have some work to do, before the gun can be used for protection. But if I would have stopped the test at 150 rds, well you see the point. Don't ask me how or why they arrive at the 500 rds test goal
?

Target practice.....is another story....almost anything goes. And no harm is done having a FTF.

Just thought I would mention it.

JF

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, I agree 100%, my magic number is about 1000 rounds, but I wasn't going to pop all that in one sitting. I just had an hour to kill between the car show and lunch so I went to the range and shoot steel targets at 25 yards with it. I've only got 1200 rounds through the piston entirely so far as is, and only about 70-80 rounds with my new mags. One of them I've already disqualified as a carry mag due to reliability, the other one, we'll see with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts