Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Walther PPQ M2, Navy SD version, in 9mm (model 2796082). I would like to replace the barrel with an original Walther (OEM) 4" barrel as found on 4" PPQ, model 2796066. (I do not want the barrel to extend out past the slide as is on the Navy SD version -- I do not want to use the 5" barrel)

Is this possible?

According to the parts list that I found when searching the forum, the 4" barrel in 9mm is part number 2783304. Is this correct?

Any help and information would be appreciated, please.

Thank you -- Cameron

·
Registered
108 Posts
You could just give Earl's Repair Shop a call. They're very helpful over the phone and will know just what you need, without the online research guesswork, and chances are you can get one on order during that same call.

·
Registered
130 Posts
According to the parts list that I found when searching the forum, the 4" barrel in 9mm is part number 2783304. Is this correct?
Yes this is correct. 2783304 is the standard barrel for the PPQ M2 (non-Navy-variant) 4 inch.

Contrary to the PPQ M1 Navy (which has a 4 inch barrel non-threaded barrel as default and a threaded barrel as an option) the M2 Navy is a little bit different:
The Navy variant of the M2 is named "PPQ M2 Navy SD".
The SD stands for "Schalldämpfer" (= silencer) - So this variant has a threaded barrel as default.
If you want a M2 Navy with a non-threaded barrel you must order the barrel from the PPQ M2 4 inch (non-Navy variant).
As written in the exploding view of this pistol ( http://www.carl-walther.de/public/downloads/manuals/PPQ_M2_279_58_33_a.pdf ) the barrel - item #19 - is what you are looking for.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the info Martin_Q.

Can you (or anyone else) confirm that the 4" barrel *will* work in the PPQ M2, Navy SD version?

Lastly, where can I find a 4" barrel in 9mm, part number 2783304? Does anybody know who has them in stock or can order them for me? (Other then Earl's)

Thank you -- Cameron

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Cameron,

I can't confirm it by trying to interchange them - I don't have both barrels.
But take a look at http://www.carl-walther.de/public/downloads/manuals/PPQ_278_44_67_m.pdf
This is the exploding view of the PPQ M1 (and variants). As you see, the threaded barrel from the First Edition has the same item number like the M2-Navy SD-barrel. And the non-threaded M1 (Standard PPQ and PPQ Navy) barrel has the same item number like the barrel from the M2 4 inch (non-Navy). Threaded and non-threaded barrels from the M1 are interchangeable (search this forum, this is confirmed by other users) - So why shouldn't it work on the M2 ?
Even the P99 barrel is interchangeable with the unthreaded PPQ (M1) barrel although is has a different item number - also confirmed by users in this forum.

Hope that helps...

Martin

·
Registered
208 Posts
I can confirm that the bbls on a M2 navy will interchange with a standard M2. I have both and did this bbl swap to diagnose a problem I have suppressing my Navy model. I may be interested in a straight across trade if you are interested PM me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the info azlarry.

At this point in time I plan on keeping the original 4.6" barrel for the Navy SD and getting the 4" barrel in addition.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cninham (Cameron):

Did you ever have any luck locating a 4" barrel? If so, how much are they going for? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Guys: For what it is worth. I have a Walther PPQ M2 Navy SD with a threaded barrel. I purchased a standard (non-threaded) PPQ M2 barrel from Walther CS for $193, including shipping. Have run 300 rounds through it with no problems to date.

Only caveat was putting in the original recoil spring when using the non-threaded barrel. Walther had replaced springs in my Navy SD a couple months back so it would run suppressed, fixing the failure to return to battery problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts