Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys, I’d like to set my 4” ppq up as a fun plinker. I mentioned match gun because though I won’t be shooting at matches, I’d like to set it up that way. Has anyone here done that with their ppq? I’ll be getting an apex trigger, and most likely a TF Magwell and some of the +6 extensions. I’m not sure about sights though. I’m not going to run a RD, and I’m not sure what I’d like to run. Any advice/opinions or info on your setups would be cool!

·
Premium Member
13,869 Posts
Ha....the search engine on this site sux. The google search works like a champ...I had to specify which site I wanted it to search.

Do I have any experience with SpeedSights? Errrrr, yep. I've got three sets. I'm sittin' here right now with a 4" Q (with SpeedSights) on my hip....fixin' to go walk the dogs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent, I guess I’ll be pulling off the trijicon night sights and posting them for sale tonight. Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
13,869 Posts
My pleasure. Be sure and read thru all the post in the SpeedSights threads. I used a sight pusher to install mine, but found out that they actually go in pretty easy....sight pusher not required....just a little tap to get em' started and they slide right in.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think you have all your eyes dotted and Ts crossed! The 4" really likes ammo in the 128-130 PF range. Find a bullet weight that you like and stick with it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the advice fellas, now I just need to get my trijicon night sights sold and start hiding away money where the wife won’t find it!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Need to be careful with dimensions. Otherwise you will exclude yourself from IDPA, CCP division. And PPQ is the best in this category.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Need to be careful with dimensions. Otherwise you will exclude yourself from IDPA, CCP division. And PPQ is the best in this category.
What do you mean, dimensions? I’m likely not going to be doing any competing, just setting it up as a more fun pistol to have fun with. Who knows though, maybe I’ll look into it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can't imagine needing a better trigger than factory on the PPQ?

I use mine in factory form all the time in USPSA and three-gun competitions.

·
Registered
121 Posts
What do you mean, dimensions? I’m likely not going to be doing any competing, just setting it up as a more fun pistol to have fun with. Who knows though, maybe I’ll look into it?
The CCP division in IDPA doesn't allow handguns larger than 7 3⁄4” x 5 3/8” x 1
3/8”. The PPQ 4" is pretty much exactly that size, so adding more to the size can make not allowed in that division.

But the SSP division in IDPA allows for larger handguns and would allow it.

I was using my completely unmodified PPQ 4" in SSP division until I got the Q5 SF (also SSP division and also completely unmodified).

Btw imho, going to local matches just for fun and practice is much more fun and better than just plinking at the range. Highly recommended! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts