Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great News!!!
Only 4 weeks until the 3rd Annual Walther Forums Greet & Shoot being held in Port St Lucie, Florida on May 15th.

Even better news...you still have time to make plans to attend. The admission is just $20.00 which includes unlimited shooting from 1 PM until 5, a lounge area for our exclusive use plus a patio grill for our cook out.

Great weapons, great food and your Forums friends to meet in person...feel free to PM me with questions.

There will be loads of Walthers, old and new to fondle and shoot so give this great event serious consideration.

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
See you there! Already have hotels & automobiles reserved and paid for as well as an itinerary of other things to do while in the area. What an adventure lies ahead for my girl and I!

-Pilotsteve

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Forum members from various parts of the country are certainly welcome to set up their own Greet & Shoot events. Feel free to use the forum's General Discussion section to explore the possibilities. Once you nail it down, you can post a general invitation here.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Searcher, could someone set up a poll to see what areas/states make the most sense for a new G&S? Maybe a poll where you can add your own answer, if that's possible?

For instance, if MN, ND, SD and WI all had a ton of votes, one big one could be held in a centralized location.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Sure ... no problem at all. The purpose of the forum is to bring folks together who enjoy Walther firearms; it a poll helps with that, terrific. Seems like a win-win across the board.

·
Registered
819 Posts
My main question was whether or not a poll could be made either with all 50 states (and possibly "other") or a poll where you can write in an answer or select one that has already been written in?

Not trying exclude other countries, it just seems as though the majority of members are American.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Steve: I would suggest that you take a stab at it and see what you come up with. You might want to try geographic regions for starters: Northeast, Midwest, South, Mountain States, Pacific Northwest, Southwest ... that sort of thing. Then ask for folks to indicate both their interest and a specific state. That would at least get you started.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
We are lucky here in Florida because we have a good number of members within a couple hours drive AND we are in a gun friendly state. To be honest I am surprised that we don't have members from other states come on down for the event. Perhaps that is related to the May date. Most people are leaving Florida now and heading north. We are doubly lucky that Jim (and Mix) sets the whole thing up. It's a good bit of work organizing events like this.

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
It would always nice to have an event around my part of the world as well. I am the Secretary of the local club, with access to the entire facility which includes pistol and long-rifle courses, skeets, you name it. Better still are Vermont's wonderful gun laws which would permit attendees to bring whatever their heart desires... the only "bad" news being the club is in the middle of nowhere relatively speaking. The closest town where lodging exists is in Bennington, about 25 miles away up & over some beautiful mountain roads. Of course, there could also be a camp-out at the club for those with RV's or trailer campers. Just a thought!

-Pilotsteve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts