Walther Forums banner

3D-model Walther P5 (Help)

15K views 49 replies 14 participants last post by  VladRussianArms 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#8 ·
Vladimir: What is the spiral-shaped device at the rear of the recoil spring? Is it a buffer or rate retarder? Does it rotate? If so, does the bolt also rotate, in the opposite direction?

The design is fascinating --and very complex for a 7.62mm machine pistol.

M

#6 ·
Congratulations! Those are excellent drawings.

I visited the Artillery Museum in (then) Leningrad in 1977; a fabulous place, but little known in the West at that time. However I was not able to see that Kalashnikov prototype. Probably it was not on display.

M

#7 · (Edited)
7.62mm to machine pistol Michail Kalachnikov isn't in a constant exposition. It is exposed at a special exhibition. The museum sometimes does various special expositions on a separate subject. In the museum of artillery and communication of St. Petersburg the richest collection of the Michail Kalachnikov weapon, including experimental samples.
Êàëàøíèêîâ. Âåñü Êàëàøíèêîâ! - Guns.ru Talks

You are right it the best museum of the weapon in Russia.

http://forum.guns.ru/forummessage/36/531751.html

#19 ·
Plus 1 on what Ronin said superb work Vlad I hope this gets consolidated as a sticky for future reference for anyone requiring reference material would be nice to have additional drawings of all the various modifications sequentially to aide in identification for those that follow when the wise ones are no longer available. Drawings this detailed with the right dimensions could make a computer generated model . Ayb

#24 · (Edited)
I thank you for kind words.
You are right - I have found all necessary information to make full 3D-model. At the beginning of the project some elements and details weren't clear to me. There are no problems now. I had to project some details most, perhaps there to eat a deviation from the original, but these are 1-2 fine details.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.