1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Vladamir: Please send me a PM, with your post office mailing address. I'll send you a brochure that shows most of what you need.

What is the 7.62mm machine pistol in your second photo?

M

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MGMike, I thank you. On 2 jpg 1942 is shown 7.62mm to machine pistol Michail Kalachnikov. It is in 1 copy in the museum of artillery in St. Petersburg.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Congratulations! Those are excellent drawings.

I visited the Artillery Museum in (then) Leningrad in 1977; a fabulous place, but little known in the West at that time. However I was not able to see that Kalashnikov prototype. Probably it was not on display.

M

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
7.62mm to machine pistol Michail Kalachnikov isn't in a constant exposition. It is exposed at a special exhibition. The museum sometimes does various special expositions on a separate subject. In the museum of artillery and communication of St. Petersburg the richest collection of the Michail Kalachnikov weapon, including experimental samples.
Êàëàøíèêîâ. Âåñü Êàëàøíèêîâ! - Guns.ru Talks

You are right it the best museum of the weapon in Russia.

http://forum.guns.ru/forummessage/36/531751.html

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
MGMike, I thank you. On 2 jpg 1942 is shown 7.62mm to machine pistol Michail Kalachnikov. It is in 1 copy in the museum of artillery in St. Petersburg.
Vladimir: What is the spiral-shaped device at the rear of the recoil spring? Is it a buffer or rate retarder? Does it rotate? If so, does the bolt also rotate, in the opposite direction?

The design is fascinating --and very complex for a 7.62mm machine pistol.

M

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Neat work, thanks especially for sharing the PP. Have you done anything yet for a Mosin-Nagant?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vladimir: What is the spiral-shaped device at the rear of the recoil spring? Is it a buffer or rate retarder? Does it rotate? If so, does the bolt also rotate, in the opposite direction?

The design is fascinating --and very complex for a 7.62mm machine pistol.

M
You are right - it is Is it a buffer or rate retarder. It is really difficult mechanism and it had no further development. It is the first work of Michail Kalachnikov in 1942.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Plus 1 on what Ronin said superb work Vlad I hope this gets consolidated as a sticky for future reference for anyone requiring reference material would be nice to have additional drawings of all the various modifications sequentially to aide in identification for those that follow when the wise ones are no longer available. Drawings this detailed with the right dimensions could make a computer generated model . Ayb

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I conduct negotiations concerning production in metal of this model in scale 2:1 now. The company in Russia has plans to do weapon miniatures in scale 2:1 and wants to do this Walther P5 model.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts